Game 2- Seattle Seahawks (0-1) @ Detroit Lions (1-0)

Louis Friend

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

I don't think this loss is on Dan Campbell.  He managed the clock really well at the end of regulation.  I suspect he believed his defense could stop Seattle but they just couldn't get it done.  They need some changes with the D-Line.  Cominsky is better as a rotational player than he is as a starting DT.

He got soft at end of game. That is on coach 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I don't think this loss is on Dan Campbell.  He managed the clock really well at the end of regulation.  I suspect he believed his defense could stop Seattle but they just couldn't get it done.  They need some changes with the D-Line.  Cominsky is better as a rotational player than he is as a starting DT.

He’s not a DT. He’s a backup DE. We need IDL not edge rushers. The only DTs we’ve had active are Alim, Benito and Levi. That is unacceptable.

Alim slimed down so he could play more 3T next to Buggs and then we don’t play Buggs and are getting eaten alive up the middle. 

Missed tackles are also a HUGE issue. It’s a pet peeve of mine. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

He’s not a DT. He’s a backup DE. We need IDL not edge rushers. The only DTs we’ve had active are Alim, Benito and Levi. That is unacceptable.

Alim slimed down so he could play more 3T next to Buggs and then we don’t play Buggs and are getting eaten alive up the middle. 

Missed tackles are also a HUGE issue. It’s a pet peeve of mine. 

Actually, Cominsky slides inside on a fair number of plays and seem to spend a lot of time there with Aidan Hutchinson playing against the RT so much.  However, I think we are saying the same thing-he is best as a rotational player.  You can't blame anyone but Alim McNeil for his lack of production.  He is playing on a line with Aidan Hutchinson.  He just hasn't been able to get free from his blocker and win one-on-one battles.  

All of that being said, the case for Buggs and even Brodric Martin getting getting playing time seems to be getting stronger.  

One thing Aidan Hutchinson said in the pre-season is that he likes to keep his pass-rush simple.  I think that is part of the problem.  Other teams aren't dumb.  They know he has a killer spin-move.  They know he has a really quick get-off for someone his size.  The players who have long-term success as pas-rushers in the NFL usually show the ability to string together counter-moves in response to whatever the O-Lineman is doing. 

I know we have only played two games this year and, Hutch is getting held a lot or isn't getting a lot of help.  However, he doesn't seem to change up his pass rush attack and isn't getting creative enough with his counters.  

I just think we are getting too cute with players. Montgomery went down and Gibbs wasn’t running well, why not play Craig Reynolds? He got 3 carries very late in the game. 

Antoine Green had a nice catch early in the game and never saw the field again. Where are Brock Wright & James Mitchell?

Why are we continuing to try to make Houston a LB and put him into coverage? He’s a pass rusher. Cominsky is a pass rusher. We’ve lacked any sort of pass rush because we are playing guys out of position. 

Isaiah Buggs needs to play. Zonovan Knight should be called up if Montgomery can’t go. Steven Gilmore should be active. Did Chase Lucas even play a snap after being signed to the active roster? 

Moseley and Jamo cannot get here quick enough. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I just think we are getting too cute with players. Montgomery went down and Gibbs wasn’t running well, why not play Craig Reynolds? He got 3 carries very late in the game. 

Antoine Green had a nice catch early in the game and never saw the field again. Where are Brock Wright & James Mitchell?

Why are we continuing to try to make Houston a LB and put him into coverage? He’s a pass rusher. Cominsky is a pass rusher. We’ve lacked any sort of pass rush because we are playing guys out of position. 

Isaiah Buggs needs to play. Zonovan Knight should be called up if Montgomery can’t go. Steven Gilmore should be active. Did Chase Lucas even play a snap after being signed to the active roster? 

Moseley and Jamo cannot get here quick enough. 

This, all this and nothing but this.

The other thing to consider:  This is Week 2 and we are 1-1.  There is a lot of football left in the season.  We might be over-reacting to this loss just a little bit.

6 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

As of this moment (before Pats/Fins kickoff), Lions hold the #12 pick 🤣

And curse you for bringing up the draft.  Lol

• Like 1

Just now, Just Want A Title said:

The other thing to consider:  This is Week 2 and we are 1-1.  There is a lot of football left in the season.  We might be over-reacting to this loss just a little bit.

And curse you for bringing up the draft.  Lol

Wanted to mention it before any SOL fans do. 😂

Seattle is a good team. We knew it would be a tough drawl. But we are 1-1 and still have 15 games left to play. I’m not ready to throw in the towel just yet. But there are obvious flaws that need to be addressed.