Royals acquire the Padres' only good non-Hand pitchers

NewAge

1 hour ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

As the lone royals fan here, I was an advocate of us selling. Now for me (as ridiculous as this sounds) if we don't win the World Series this year is a complete and utter failure 

That's as ridiculous as it sounds. 

1 hour ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

As the lone royals fan here, I was an advocate of us selling. Now for me (as ridiculous as this sounds) if we don't win the World Series this year is a complete and utter failure 

Lol you might not even win the division.

I'm not by any means predicting a World Series victory, don't twist my words here. The Royals not selling any of Hosmer, Moose, Cain, or Vargas while having the worst farm system in all of baseball is unacceptable. The only way that it becomes acceptable is by either re-signing 3 of them which won't happen, or by winning the World Series. I'm expecting disappointment 

That being said though, I still like our chances at the division. The Indians and Twins don't scare me at all. Moss, Gordon, and Escobar have all been hitting better as of late. The addition of Cahill just adds a quality start a week is the hope. This team climbed out of a giant hole to be here in the first place and they've still got a lot of experience in that roster. 

2 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

having the worst farm system

Eh, Miami, LAA, and probably a couple others are worse. Got some legit prospects in Scott Blewett, Khalil Lee, and Nicky Lopez.

14 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Eh, Miami, LAA, and probably a couple others are worse. Got some legit prospects in Scott Blewett, Khalil Lee, and Nicky Lopez.

Consensus bottom 5 farm system at least. Lopez has been a late riser (Being a Creighton fan I was ecstatic when we drafted him, knew he'd figure it out). Hopefully Pratto turns out. Blewett  needs to take the next step that very few Royals pitching prospects have ever made while being with the Royals. Staumont is another guy that needs to take that next step. Lee has a very long way to go and in my mind is not much more than a lottery ticket at the moment. 

Of course Mondesi, Almonte, Dozier and Starling (Thought about omitting Starling) are all still in the system as well. But none of them really seem like they will ever be more than above average. 

14 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Tbh I hope the Royals trade Blewett so he can become good. 

I mean we've had a couple guys figure it out like Duffy and Ventura, but Mike Montgomery sure as hell didn't figure it out until he left. Odorizzi was more a Brewers prospect, but he didn't figure it out with us either. Sean Maenea is another. Kyle Zimmer might've figured it out eventually but he gets hurt all the time. Hocheaver is our poster boy of never figuring it out. 

And I don't really count relievers because most of our relievers have been failed starters 

Archived