Chiefs WR Corps

Chiefer

37 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

We’re likely keeping him too, his xfactor ability is too much for Reid to just throw away 

His presence zero percent moves my care meter, until he legitimately starts losing us games for being an idiot. I said in another post, at least with Toney we’ve seen there can be upside, with Moore we’ve seen absolutely nothing.

Watson is out and Justyn Ross picked up the slack. It makes sense because he is the only big-bodied WR left. His reviews have been good.

One of the comments I have heard about Hollywood Brown is that he always secures the ball before doing anything else. After a season of dropped passes, that sets a good example. 

Hollywood, Rice, XW, and Hardman are the locks. Watson is close. Competition for the last slot or two is getting intense. 

10 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Watson is out and Justyn Ross picked up the slack. It makes sense because he is the only big-bodied WR left. His reviews have been good.

One of the comments I have heard about Hollywood Brown is that he always secures the ball before doing anything else. After a season of dropped passes, that sets a good example. 

Hollywood, Rice, XW, and Hardman are the locks. Watson is close. Competition for the last slot or two is getting intense. 

Idk if Hardman is a real lock or not. Seems like more of the same with him

12 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Idk if Hardman is a real lock or not. Seems like more of the same with him

You call it more of the same. I call it continuity. 

Regardless, I don't see signs of hesitation by the team. 

22 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

You call it more of the same. I call it continuity. 

Regardless, I don't see signs of hesitation by the team. 

Continuity can sometimes be like kissing your sister.

But Hardman is a team player, and he’s got speed. Can’t teach that speed either 

On 8/5/2024 at 12:22 PM, Chiefer said:

Continuity can sometimes be like kissing your sister.

But Hardman is a team player, and he’s got speed. Can’t teach that speed either 

Unlike many previous years, with our current crop, SPEED doesn’t really set him apart. Except Ross and Moore.

This WR group is so much better than our last one that it's scary. 

Last year we were planning on MVS as WR1 and Toney/Skyy as WR2, with Rice as a possible late-season addition, and James as depth. It never gelled. 

This season Marquis Brown has stepped into MVS's role as if it were made for him and Rice has been better than his late-season self. Add XW and Hardman and the group is frightening. 

KT is always hurt and Watson is dinged. Between PUP and early season IR, I think they will find a way to keep eight WR.

2024_Chiefs_depth_chart.png

First unofficial Depth Chart

Top WRs seem to be Brown, Rice, Worthy, Watson.

With Skyy-KT-Hardman-Remgio-Ross fighting for those final slots. Notable is Hardman and Remigio are the main returners

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

With Skyy-KT-Hardman-Remgio-Ross fighting for those final slots. Notable is Hardman and Remigio are the main returners

Could be as simple as trying to keep Toney on the field. I know him not being a returner seems counter to that, but the fact remains, more hits is not what Toney needs, and it’s less for him to remember plays wise.

41 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Could be as simple as trying to keep Toney on the field. I know him not being a returner seems counter to that, but the fact remains, more hits is not what Toney needs, and it’s less for him to remember plays wise.

I honestly think he’s a longshot to make it. Dude just can’t stay healthy. He also can’t stick at any position in particular. Talent is there but outside of cap space it doesn’t make sense to keep him. 

Posted (edited)

I think Mecole definitely in. Knows the offense well, good utility guy, and it’s gonna be too enticing having three speed guys for Reid. It’s good to have a backup plan for emergency situations. 

Edited by Chiefer