2007 Patriots

mdonnelly21

On 11/24/2023 at 9:54 AM, Steelersfan43 said:

They are in the discussion and they were historic great in the first half of the season with so many wins by 20-30 points or more (They had like 8 in their first 10 games which were crazy) but after that, they slowed down, like when the Eagles with A.J Feeley and the Ravens with Kyle Boller almost beat the Pats.They had peaked a little too early, but of course they were still very close to having a perfect season

The 1989 49ers are for me the best team ever...Elite regular season (14-2) with an all-time playoffs run....Outscored their opponent 126-26 in their 3 playoffs game!

The 07 Pats were, mainly, a passing team with a mediocre ground game and an aging defense. Also, they got teams at the right time. I would have liked to have seen them play Pittsburgh earlier in the year and the Chargers and Redskins later in the year (not that the Steelers and Redskins would have won, but still).

Also, the 89 49ers were one of the strongest teams in that NFC-dominated era, but I know people that think that the 84 49ers were better. The 89 Niners had an aging Roger Craig and Ronnie Lott with a fairly shaky secondary overall (they should have traded Craig in the spring of 1990).

On 11/23/2023 at 12:15 AM, 7DnBrnc53 said:

The 85 Bears were the most memorable team ever because of how vicious their D was, the upset in Miami, and their characters (McMahon and the Fridge especially). However, for the best team of all time, I would have to look at the 1976 Steelers. Someone in their organization said that the 76 team was the best that they ever had, and I think that they were a cut (or so) above any of the so-called great teams ever (which usually involves someone who won the SB from 1984-96 against an average AFC team, with some exceptions).

The best QB the 85 Bears faced the entire season was Phil Simms who may not be a top 50 QB all time. 

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The best QB the 85 Bears faced the entire season was Phil Simms who may not be a top 50 QB all time. 

85 Bears also faced Joe Montana, who was at home and supported by Jerry Rice, Dwight Clark, and Roger Craig. Chicago won 26-10, the 49ers lone touchdown coming on a pick 6