When did Peyton Manning officially become a "zombie"?

y*so*blu

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

No it didn't. They lost the 2014 playoff game against the Colts for the same reason they struggled in 2015. Peyton couldn't get it done then. After the Rams game he really never played well again. They beat the hell out of him and that fast start he got off to at the beginning of the season disappeared. 

Thats because he got injured in that Rams game and that was a big reason he never returned to form later

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats because he got injured in that Rams game and that was a big reason he never returned to form later

Okay but that's when it started. He didn't magically lose everything at the start of 2015. He was having the exact same issues the last half of the 2014 season that he was in 2015. And to be honest, I never really bought the torn quad story. A torn quad is one of the most painful injuries in sports, people don't compete after that, much less finish off the back half of an NFL season. And then after a season to recover he still had those same problems. He just lost it. 

27 minutes ago, Starless said:

I would say a little bit earlier than that. I think the game against the Rams in week 10 that year was when things started to really go south for him.

Yeah I mean I distinctly remember watching him play that game and thinking to myself, "this is a weirdly uncharacteristic game for him, not a matter of him just getting some bad breaks, he just looked like he was the problem most of the time, if he looks like this the next few weeks, it's the start of the end". I don't think he ever recovered or bounced back. Then the torn quad story came out and I waited until game one of 2015 and knew it was completely over. Then I watched the Broncos defense dominate and knew they were something special. 

Archived