Is Deshaun Watson.. load managing?

General Tso

16 minutes ago, Soggust said:

It's hypothetically still possible that this is just a new injury to the same shoulder, as they are saying right?

I know the obvious response is "lol bro stop", but you see I think I'm actually in favor of being wrong and erring on the side of dumping on Deshaun Watson still and seeing the evidence that I want to see. 

I agree with you, but I'm also a big proponent of the kinetic chain when thinking of athletic performance - impingement leads to further deterioration, which leads to greater impingement, which leads to further deterioration, etc. Just looking down at my battered left knee tells me there's truth to this.

Could this be a completely independent injury? Yes, absolutely. But given what we initially heard on Watson's shoulder, it's a fair assumption to say the original injury only increased the chance of this happening.

(not a doctor)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I agree with you, but I'm also a big proponent of the kinetic chain when thinking of athletic performance - impingement leads to further deterioration, which leads to greater impingement, which leads to further deterioration, etc. Just looking down at my battered left knee tells me there's truth to this.

Could this be a completely independent injury? Yes, absolutely. But given what we initially heard on Watson's shoulder, it's a fair assumption to say the original injury only increased the chance of this happening.

(not a doctor)

Sorry let me rephrase -

I'm of the opinion it's 98% likely you are right. I'm willfully choosing to take the 2% viewpoint until I see 3 forms of ID, 2 separate DNA tests, 5 independent agreeing opinions and my mother personally testifies under penalty of perjury before I'm convinced.

• Like 1

Just another example of a few ambiguous “reports” and a bunch of over active imaginations creating a narrative that ends up being run with. 

Don’t feel bad for Watson in the slightest but this was a mole hill that some people just wanted to make a mountain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soko said:

Just another example of a few ambiguous “reports” and a bunch of over active imaginations creating a narrative that ends up being run with. 

Don’t feel bad for Watson in the slightest but this was a mole hill that some people just wanted to make a mountain.

I mean, regardless, Watson hasn't shown anything really that suggests he will be anything beyond mediocre for them since coming back from his 2 year 'drama club class'. 

If I were the Browns, I'd be trying to find an exit strategy 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VigilantZombie said:

I mean, regardless, Watson hasn't shown anything really that suggests he will be anything beyond mediocre for them since coming back from his 2 year 'drama club class'. 

If I were the Browns, I'd be trying to find an exit strategy 

Agreed. But the whole load managing, “he’s cleared, therefore he’s not in pain” stuff in this thread was a witch hunt. That’s completely independent of Watson being a shell of his former self and on the worst contract of all time.

• Like 2