Week 13: San Francisco 49ers at Philadelphia Eagles

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean we also had a lot of people picking us to beat the Browns and Vikings and we lost both those games. I picked us to lose to the Steelers as well. 

You don't have to pick the Niners to win every game lol. 

I did pick them to lose to Dallas. A little embarrassed by that. But I did pick us to beat Dallas in the playoffs last year!

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Or we can just say that Dallas has played Philly tough the last couple of years and there's no reason to think that they have, 'absolutely no chance" to beat the eagles

Sure, that would be foolish to think. Even against us despite the last three meetings. We clearly match up well defensively against them but they are playing too good offensively to completly count out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Eagles 

Steelers 

Bengals

Jags

Those were the losses you have predicted so far, right? Who did you pick in the Cowboys game? 

I don't think I picked the jags. But I could be wrong

Just now, Forge said:

I did pick them to lose to Dallas. A little embarrassed by that. But I did pick us to beat Dallas in the playoffs last year!

I see. So 5 out of 12 games, counting the Philly game. There's a chance we are 8-4 after tomorrow so then your W/L prediction would be close to the actual record. Obviously some of the wins/losses being different. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I see. So 5 out of 12 games, counting the Philly game. There's a chance we are 8-4 after tomorrow so then your W/L prediction would be close to the actual record. Obviously some of the wins/losses being different. 

I figured we would finish 11-6 or 12-5 this year. I was reasonably sure we would beat the jags, but I needed them to know how badly they broke my trust 😆

I thought Philly would end up the 1 seed again. We would be the two. 

I do think we are a lot closer to Philly this year than last year. Last season I thought there was a gap. This year I'm mostly worried the defense can't get off the field. I think if we win, it's on the back of two turnovers

As the game has gotten closer, I've felt better. Especially with weather not looking like it's going to play as big of a role. 

The one thing I feel like I haven't given enough credit to, at least compared to where the profile statistically, is the offense. I feel like I still treat this offense as just a "good" offense. But the truth is that it's top 3 elite, if not the best in the league. I've said all year that the niners go where the offense takes them, but I haven't given that offense their full due. Probably still a  byproduct of Purdy, if I'm being honest. 

I see an offense run by Josh Allen and I'm just like, "oh man, how can we keep up with what that guy can do and how good that offense is". And in truth, guys like Allen, hurts, Dak... They're going to have to play like that to keep up with Purdy and the offense, and I probably need to adjust that

• Like 1

Man, this is going to be a football game.  

I think winning now is important.  Winning either prevents us from having to travel to Philly, or proves to the team they can win in Philly.  Either way, it has a little extra value compared to most games.  

I like that we feel fresher going in.  They are beat up, and are coming off an emotional high type of game.  Their run is impressive, but we are playing them at a good time.  

After the way the team responded to the first bye week, I would really like to keep the hope alive for another one (or two) bye weeks for the year.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

9 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I think winning now is important.  Winning either prevents us from having to travel to Philly, or proves to the team they can win in Philly.  Either way, it has a little extra value compared to most games.  

I like that we feel fresher going in.  They are beat up, and are coming off an emotional high type of game.  Their run is impressive, but we are playing them at a good time.  

After the way the team responded to the first bye week, I would really like to keep the hope alive for another one (or two) bye weeks for the year.

Usually I start to get more nervous as the week goes on. This week I've gotten more comfortable.  

The reason I picked the Bengals when we played was in no small part because of the rest. Feel like that could play a big role here as well. That was so many snaps for the eagles defense last year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Do you guys think this actually works? Because I kind of don't lol 

Like, I don't know why you'd need extra motivation to get going 

It's a hand on the pulse type of thing.  If your team is playing hero ball, missing their gaps trying to do too much, going for the INT over the pass break up, jumping routes, etc then it could work against them.

If the team seems sluggish or worn down, it might offer an artificial jolt to get them going.  I think keeping us from starting fast and keeping the game close is probably why he used this strategy.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Usually I start to get more nervous as the week goes on. This week I've gotten more comfortable.  

The reason I picked the Bengals when we played was in no small part because of the rest. Feel like that could play a big role here as well. That was so many snaps for the eagles defense. I feel like at some point that has to catch up with them 

• Like 1