SF @ PHI thread

Manny/Patrick

All I know is the Niners better show up for this game as much crap as they talked after the game about how they would've won if Purdy didn't get hurt.  I love the fact that the Eagles as of right now are 2.5 pt dogs, at home, with the best record in the NFL.  I can't imagine that sits well with that Eagles locker room.

3 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

All I know is the Niners better show up for this game as much crap as they talked after the game about how they would've won if Purdy didn't get hurt.  I love the fact that the Eagles as of right now are 2.5 pt dogs, at home, with the best record in the NFL.  I can't imagine that sits well with that Eagles locker room.

Lol, 49ers had zero shot at winning that game with Purdy. Absolutely zero 

But now Purdy is better and they can win

2 hours ago, Towerbridge said:

Lol, 49ers had zero shot at winning that game with Purdy. Absolutely zero 

But now Purdy is better and they can win

The 49ers had "absolutely zero" shot in the NFC title game if Purdy doesn't get hurt? They were scoring around 30 points a game for about two months. :)

This is the same Eagles team that lost to the Commanders at home last year right?

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The 49ers had zero shot in the NFC title game if Purdy doesn't get hurt? They were scoring around 30 points a game for about two months. :)

This is the same Eagles team that lost to the Commanders at home last year right?

In the context of how both teams were playing in the NFC Championship, I don't think it would've mattered much if Purdy is healthy.  The Eagles were blowing the Niners off the ball on both sides of the ball.

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

In the context of how both teams were playing in the NFC Championship, I don't think it would've mattered much if Purdy is healthy.  The Eagles were blowing the Niners off the ball on both sides of the ball.

Can't believe you're making that argument. The entire complexity of the game changes when you legit don't have a QB in any game. And Josh Johnson doesn't count. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Funny-1165.gif

In the words of Brandon Graham: "It don't matter."

Well, motivation matters.  Particularly in the middle of a regular season where the team might be a little tired and definitely banged up overall.  Not every player is Pacheco and playing like they're on meth every single down.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Well, motivation matters.  Particularly in the middle of a regular season where the team might be a little tired and definitely banged up overall.  Not every player is Pacheco and playing like they're on meth every single down.

Both of these teams are motivated for this game. The Eagles weren't going to overlook a team as hot as the 49ers are right now whether or not they flapped their gums in the offseason or not. 

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Can't believe you're making that argument. The entire complexity of the game changes when you legit don't have a QB. And Josh Johnson doesn't count. 

They were getting blown up before Purdy got hurt.  Nothing changed except Purdy got hurt.  What reason is there to think anything changes? Because maybe they're more motivated in the 2nd half? People like to point to the Purdy injury as a convenient copout.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

They were getting blown up before Purdy got hurt.  Nothing changed except Purdy got hurt.  What reason is there to think anything changes? Because maybe they're more motivated in the 2nd half? People like to point to the Purdy injury as a convenient copout.

It was 7-0 and Purdy got hurt on the first drive.. but go on

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

CMC was legit taking snaps at QB. Stop it. Purdy got hurt shortly after his first passing snap, and the 49ers didn't have a QB after that. 

Josh Johnson doesn't handle pressure well at all, and was clearly intimidated, and seemingly unprepared. It's not even a comparison at all, and we really don't know how Purdy would have played under pressure in that game with a healthy arm (he's been excellent under pressure this season). 

If you really think it would have been the same type of game guaranteed that day whether Purdy was there or not (healthy), then we don't have anything further to discuss. He was getting pressured like the crazy the previous week against Dallas, and still came out on top. 

Come on dawg :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

CMC was legit taking snaps at QB. Stop it. Purdy got hurt on his first passing snap, and the 49ers didn't have a QB after that. 

Josh Johnson doesn't handle pressure well at all, and was clearly intimidated, and seemingly unprepared. It's not even a comparison at all, and we really don't know how Purdy would have played under pressure in that game with a healthy arm (he's been excellent under pressure this season). 

Sorry if you're really trying to make this argument fly as if it would have been that same game that day whether Purdy was there or not (healthy), then we don't have anything further to discuss. And I neither have the time or crayons to further simplify the picture. :)

Are we having a party in the stands at the Linc at halftime counting down the clock if Purdy doesn't get hurt? Probably not.  Obviously losing your QB is a pretty big deal, but to suggest that they win or are likely to win that game with Purdy? What would the excuse have been if Purdy hadn't gotten hurt? Well of course the Eagles should've won against the 49ers 3rd string QB.  Not oh well the Eagles whooped their *** on both sides of the ball.