Week 15 GDT: Gmen vs. Saints @ 1pm EST

Giants4eva

Ok were definitely in New Orleans this weekend.. I checked and am sure this time LOL.. Here we go.. somehow, some crazy insane storybook way.. we have a shot at a possible wild card playoff spot if we manage to beat the Saints. If you would've told me 4 weeks ago that at 5-8 we would still have a chance at the playoffs I would've said you are out of your mind. But here we are.. this is the 2023 NFL season. 

The Saints are coming in with Derek Carr and Co. As much as Carr hasn't been the guy they were hoping for, the Saints still have some extremely viable threats on the outside in Chris Olave and old man Jimmy Graham. And Carr when he gets in a rhythm is a tough QB to stop. They layed the smack down on the Panthers last weekend with a 28-6 victory and sacked Bryce Young 4 times.. and they're still trying to jockey as well to get into the playoffs, so we got our hands full with this one. Alvin Kamara is still Alvin Kamara, he's a guy we gotta get a body on. 

Defense is the key in this one. KT and Big Dex have to get at Carr and disrupt his rythym. Getting a hat on Kamara is the next biggest job we have. They are a good team that at times can overwhelm defenses with ability to get the ball vertical down field. I hope Deonte can bring his A game because Chris Olave is a tall task to take on. We need this defense to play as they've been playing the last month. Turnovers in this one will decide the outcome. 

Tommy Cutlets will be under center and I can say is .. hey kid.. rip it! If he can play like he did against the Saints D like he did the Packers i think we have a chance to slip away with this one. Its gonna be a tight battle. We need our WRs to create some separation and be able to give TD a window of space so get them the ball. Oline has to be mindful of Demario Davis, he's a bigtime defender on that side of the ball. Key in on him and get Saquon in open space and we can MAYBE take this one.. We'll see..I don't know if it'll be enough. 

Saints 24 / Gmen 17

Edited by Giants4eva

The DeVito fun train was fun while it lasted, we just didnt play well. Oline got beat up, defense was out on the field wayyyyy too long. Just a bad game all around. But any way you cut it, i highly doubted after this one we would have another win. The Birds twice? And the Rams one time ? At this point boys, time to take a look at where stand in the draft order (7th overall as of now) and see who is playing for a job heading into next season.

I don't think anyone played well this game. Missed tackles, lots of missed blocks, Devito missing open guys... nothing was really executed well. I think you stick with Devito for the rest of the season because it doesn't make sense to go back to Tyrod for 3 games before he hits free agency, but it pretty clearly looks like 5-12 will be our record this year.

• Like 2