Week 16 GDT: Texans vs Browns

lumberjackchris

Every game is a must win from here on out. 

Fingers crossed we get CJ and Nico back this week.

Stefanski has done a superb job of coaching the Browns this year

Meco has turned the Houston franchise completely around in the blink of an eye. 

This one should be a defensive slugfest, but if we get the right guys back I think we pull this off.

LJC's Prediction: Texans 24 Browns 13 Texans defensive front wins the game again alla the Tennessee game.  

Edited by lumberjackchris
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Aaron Wilson’s reporting Stroud still has symptoms, mainly light sensitivity. That after a week is worrisome. Add in the fact that we’re playing a physical Browns defense, I don’t think we see him this week.

Yep, no reason to play him in a game we probably won’t win anyway. He should have been out at the end of the jets game. 

I really hope it's Mills if it's not Stroud. We needed multiple miraculous catches of bad throws just to get into the end zone one time. I really don't think we can expect Keenum to play winning football against a defense like that. I don't think it's a lock by any means that Mills is able to get the win, but I think he at least gives us a fighting chance with his arm talent. 

If we're able to run the ball like we did last week, though, I could see Keenum possibly pulling it off, but I don't think we will be able to. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Yep, no reason to play him in a game we probably won’t win anyway. He should have been out at the end of the jets game. 

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Regardless of whether Stroud plays, this is going to be another close game. Like the Texans, most of the Browns' wins this year have come down the wire. The last time they won a game handily was against the Cardinals when Clayton Tune was starting. Since then, they've won by 2, 3, 4 and 3. Yes, their defense is great, but it's not so impenetrable that the Texans have no hope. One thing the Texans have going for them is that they are playing in Houston, the Browns are 2-4 on the road this year and their defense has given up almost 31 pts/game on the road this year (compared to just 13 pts/game at home). 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I really hope it's Mills if it's not Stroud. We needed multiple miraculous catches of bad throws just to get into the end zone one time. I really don't think we can expect Keenum to play winning football against a defense like that. I don't think it's a lock by any means that Mills is able to get the win, but I think he at least gives us a fighting chance with his arm talent. 

If we're able to run the ball like we did last week, though, I could see Keenum possibly pulling it off, but I don't think we will be able to. 

Mills should have started against the titans. Without a doubt. But this week won’t matter. If we don’t have Stroud, Nico, Fant, Anderson, and Cashman all back, we can’t beat them. 

3 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Regardless of whether Stroud plays, this is going to be another close game. Like the Texans, most of the Browns' wins this year have come down the wire. The last time they won a game handily was against the Cardinals when Clayton Tune was starting. Since then, they've won by 2, 3, 4 and 3. Yes, their defense is great, but it's not so impenetrable that the Texans have no hope. One thing the Texans have going for them is that they are playing in Houston, the Browns are 2-4 on the road this year and their defense has given up almost 31 pts/game on the road this year (compared to just 13 pts/game at home). 

We don’t have hope without getting SEVERAL guys back. 

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We don’t have hope without getting SEVERAL guys back. 

The Browns were down 10 against the Bears last week at home and got extremely lucky that Mooney dropped a ball that literally fell into his lap. If the Bears can hang in with the Browns on the road, the Texans at home, even if they don't get anyone back, can too. Also, just look at the betting market. The Texans are still 2.5-point favorites right now even with the injury question marks. It'll change as we move along in the week and get more clarity on Stroud, but still, to say they have no hope is a little extreme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

What about Nico? Calf injuries tend to linger. If he is finished for the year, I am happy for him to get to 1,000 even if it was just barely. 

Hes got a chance to play this week. 

The Browns might be the only team with comparable amounts of injuries. Ya, they still have some talent but they have some weak spots