Week 16 Steelers

sparky151

59 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

We should bring back reader and draft 4 new tackles 

Fuaga in the first (RT)

Sweat in the second (NT)

Byron Murphy in the third (3T DT)

Nazir Stackhouse in the fourth (another NT) to let Tupou and Falele move on

I know that's not what you meant but it is how I'd play it.  Throw in a couple of TEs like the Texas kid (Sanders) and Stover from OSU and roll.  Use free agency  for the other roster spot fill ins

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Fuaga in the first (RT)

Sweat in the second (NT)

Byron Murphy in the third (3T DT)

Nazir Stackhouse in the fourth (another NT) to let Tupou and Falele move on

I know that's not what you meant but it is how I'd play it.  Throw in a couple of TEs like the Texas kid (Sanders) and Stover from OSU and roll.  Use free agency  for the other roster spot fill ins

Two OTs, Two DTs.  Both big guys like Sweat and Stackhouse. Pay Reader. We probably should look at adding another corner somewhere too

If we win out, we have a decent shot at the playoffs as long as the colts beat the Texans at home in week 18. That seems to be the pivotal game we have no control over. Even if we lose our, we're unlikely to go any higher than 17th in the draft. Might as well keep winning at this point. If course I always feel that way. I like wins.

If we lose out, we rise to possibly as high as 12th.  The key is if Pitt wins one more game, we end up with the 4th place schedule, which means Patriots instead of the Jets, the Titans instead of the Colts/Texans/Jags 3rd p[lace finisher, and Carolina instead of Atl/Saints.  I'll take that.  All three Super Bowl runs followed worst to first seasons.  I savored the three game winning streak, but saw enough problems that I didn't see another win coming.  I like wins too, especially since I pay to see them.

Draft a RT in the first, then retool the whole defensive tackle spot and TE, fill in some spots.  Extend Chase and McPherson, maybe Reader, fill in a few more spots.  See if they can extend Tee.  If not tag him.