Possible playoff opponents

AngusMcFife

I'm curious what kind of matchups folks fear and hope for. 

Right now I'm going to assume there are two deadly wild cards at seeds 5 and 6 - Browns and Bills. 

The 7 seed is much less daunting - Colts, Texans, Steelers, Broncos, and Bengals have a realistic shot. I don't fear any team there, but playing the Steelers in the playoffs would be annoying. 

Right now Chiefs are losing to the Raiders, if they lose I think we have a pretty strong lock on either the 1 or 2 seed. I don't think there is a huge difference between the 1 and 2 seed, because I think the 7 seed won't be that good (if Browns or Bills end up there, that's a different story). 

Least favorite teams to play (open for revision):
Bills
Browns
Dolphins
Chiefs
Steelers
Texans
Jags
Colts
Bengals
Broncos

EDIT: we can consider the Raiders now since they won (although I don't think they are super likely to make) 

Edited by AngusMcFife

AFC
1. Dolphins
2. Browns
3. Bills
4. Chiefs
5. Jags
- Feel like the speed of the Dolphins is a bad matchup for our secondary in some respects. The Browns are extremely physical and would be a tough out due to their defense, they’re also playing with house money. Playoff Flacco has to be respected even though I think defensively that’s a great matchup for us considering the lack of mobility and depth for the Browns OL.

The Bills have Allen, but beyond that I think we matchup well with them. There defense isn’t as good as it was back when they eliminated us in the playoffs, plus the game wouldn’t be in Buffalo this time.

NFC
1. Rams
2. Eagles
3. 49ers

4. Cowboys
5. Lions
- Rams are the team I’m most afraid of considering they have a physical downhill run game that can cause our defense fits. Beyond that the Eagles also have a very physical ball club and I remember all too well what AJ Brown was able to do to our secondary when he was with the Titans. The 49ers are obviously better than they played on MNF, but we matchup well with them IMO. They’re fast and strong, but not overly so in any respect. I like our chances.

Beyond that we already handled the Lions and I feel that’s a good matchup. The Cowboys also is a good matchup, they’re not overly explosive, not as innovative, and they’ve struggled on the road. 

• Like 1