Which Kicker had the better season?

MaddHatter

Better 2023 Season  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Kicker had the better 2023 season?

• Harrison Butker
    • Brandon Aubrey

Aubrey. And it annoys me very much how good the Cowboys FO is at talent evaluation. They hit on every first round pick, they sign kickers who have barely kicked footballs and they have all-pro seasons, they get players stolen out from under them and still draft all-pros, etc. It's maddening.

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Aubrey. And it annoys me very much how good the Cowboys FO is at talent evaluation. They hit on every first round pick, they sign kickers who have barely kicked footballs and they have all-pro seasons, they get players stolen out from under them and still draft all-pros, etc. It's maddening.

I think Butker doing it outdoors is as impressive or more so.  Vanderjagt, Anderson and Myers are the only ones I can recall ever being perfect on FGs but other than Myers were playing indoors.  Now Aubrey has had some huge games outdoors including a 50+er at San Fran but I think he’s only had 4 FGs outdoors over 30yds this season meaning most of what he’s done has been inside.  Then you have the missed XPs, which to me are inexcusable minus a botched snap or blocking assignment.

As for our FO, don’t look now but Mazi’s looking like a bust this far but we still have a couple years to find out.  Our biggest success has been back to back franchise QBs in the 4-6th rounds.  Will McClay has been a godsend for our franchise, haha

You just jinxed Aubrey.   He'll be missing a FG in his final game this Sunday.

And to the other guy saying that the Cowboys always hit on every first rd pick?  Mazi is turning out to be Taco Charlton 2.0.    We hit really good on DBs/TEs late in the draft/UDFA, though.  

• Like 1

Feel like both are having fantastic seasons, Aubrey with only three years of kicking experience even in a dome is impressive.

For Dallas dans, he has missed kicks in the post-season before so get ready. (USFL ya nerd)

Butker's just rebounding to his average, which is like top 4 Kicker but like he's done this before.

On 1/5/2024 at 7:02 PM, ///mcompact said:

You just jinxed Aubrey.   He'll be missing a FG in his final game this Sunday.

And to the other guy saying that the Cowboys always hit on every first rd pick?  Mazi is turning out to be Taco Charlton 2.0.    We hit really good on DBs/TEs late in the draft/UDFA, though.  

I hate myself

• Like 1