Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Man, watching this it makes me realize our helmets look like something a youth football league team would wear. That W looks so bad. Like someone cut it out of yellow electrical tape

I've thought that from day 1. My mom liked them while I said it looks like a stenciled W from the 80s with yellow duct tape.

• Like 1

A. Peters said leadership was one of the key factors in choosing a new HC. Of course I don’t know for sure but from what I’ve seen in games from Mike Macdonald seems to me he has that motivational, emotional enthusiasm it takes to lead a team who they would follow. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Senior NFL Writer at the Boston Globe. AP NFL voter. Covering the NFL since 2007. ben.volin@globe.com

The national media has ignored us for at least the past decade for this kind of stuff.  Remember when the President of the US would be in the owner’s box?  No one wanted to be seen with Snyder there for years.  We are about to see a return of all of that attention.  This is also an influential ownership box as far as the NFL is concerned from a lobbying perspective as well.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The national media has ignored us for at least the past decade for this kind of stuff.  Remember when the President of the US would be in the owner’s box?  No one wanted to be seen with Snyder there for years.  We are about to see a return of all of that attention.  This is also an influential ownership box as far as the NFL is concerned from a lobbying perspective as well.  

I was too young to remember the President sitting in luxury boxes in the 80s for big games, but that's awesome. I will say US Reps & Senators etc have had events there for decades, I went to a few suites for political fundraisers. 😂 Once in 2013 when the 49ers beat us when Kap outplayed RG3. But these weren't in Snyder’s box of course so, great point.

Well they always report on when we hire a new HC. Snyder got good reviews from the national media when he hired ShanAllen & Rivera but it didn't end up working in large part bc of Snyder but also the coach-centric approach Shanahan & Rivera wanted didn't work either.

I’m so excited to have a real GM again. First time since Casserly that we have a GM who can autonomously make football decisions.

Great point about how influential out ownership box is between Harris and his ole’ rich boys club & of course Magic.

The only line in Peters’s pressure which set me back was when he said he didn't see this a rebuild but, I think that was just media talk from Peters. Right before that, Josh Harris said there's a “process” they will go through and it will take time but they will work very hard all the time to build this the right way.

Edited by turtle28

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The only line in Peters’s pressure which set me back was when he said he didn't see this a rebuild but, I think that was just media talk from Peters. Right before that, Josh Harris said there's a process they will go through and it will take time but they will work very hard and all the time to build this the right way.

Would you rather he come out and say the team is complete garbage?We have some talent on the team,It isnt completely devoid of usable young players.The biggest fail was the regimes inability to make the most of their talent.I am waiting to see how he approaches the {not a} rebuild

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

C’s new GM has a lot in common with me:

Frederick (my dad’s first name) Adam Peters born May 24, 1979, two weeks after I was born.

oh crap  almost another Taurus were all screwed lol

Edited by TKellion