Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

From what I read Mr @MikeT14 was right Jesse Minter is following Jim H. to the LA Chargers. Deep down I kind of knew he would but had some hope. 

It doesn't help your hopes that we don't officially have our coach yet either :(

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ben Johnson was a coach at the 2022 Senior Bowl where he worked some with Sam. It’s not much but I wonder what was his thoughts were of him. 

It'll be big - and probably the first big conversation and point Peters and Johnson will have to work through and agree upon. Ben needs to decide if he thinks he has something to work with in Howell and what they want to do. If not he needs to let Peters know we need to get a QB at #1 or #2. Peters can go to work there and they can decide who they like best.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ben Johnson was a coach at the 2022 Senior Bowl where he worked some with Sam. It’s not much but I wonder what was his thoughts were of him. 

I would hope he saw something in Sam but I would also hope that he and Peters think that they can’t pass on one of the top QB talents in the draft and may the best man win the competition.

• Like 1

[Schefter] The Commanders are waiting to hold second interviews with Ravens defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald and assistant head coach/defensive line coach Anthony Weaver, as well as Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn and offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, league sources told ESPN.

There are some who have viewed Johnson as the "presumptive favorite" for the Washington job, but multiple sources insist that is not true. While Johnson could land the Commanders head-coaching job, sources insist that there are other strong candidates -- most notably Macdonald, Weaver, Glenn and Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn -- who remain "very much in play."

Quinn also is scheduled to interview a second time with the Commanders, according to sources.