2024: Coach and QB candidates

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Morris + Zac Robinson it is. I like the hires.

And we kept Ledford, which is amazing considering the O line was the best part of our offense last year. Round it out with a good DC hire (hoping for Evero or Staley)  and I will be a super happy camper.

Cousins would probably be a good fit in Robinsons scheme, but I saw someone on Twitter say that he’s expected to command a 2 year 90 mill deal. 100% no thank you

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, vike daddy said:

hey guys...

so what are the Birds most likely to do at QB this year? draft someone high, even trading up to do so? sign a vet? both?

Everyone has us trading for Fields, but it all could be smoke and mirrors. I’d be ecstatic with all of these options (in no order):

Trade for Fields

Trade up for Williams or Daniels

Trade back for McCarthy

Sign a vet to start, cut Ridder, draft Maye

5 hours ago, SoCalDirtyBird said:

Everyone has us trading for Fields, but it all could be smoke and mirrors. I’d be ecstatic with all of these options (in no order):

Trade for Fields

Trade up for Williams or Daniels

Trade back for McCarthy

Sign a vet to start, cut Ridder, draft Maye

the Viking execs don't answer my calls any more (damn restraining order!) but it is my hope they let Cousins move on and draft McCarthy. but with us and other teams looking to do so (Las Vegas? Pitt?) i think we have to trade UP to get him.

that's probably over valuing him relative to the Top Three QB's but that's the price you have to pay in a competitive market. and if he works out well, no one in the future is going to bemoan he was drafted at 6 or 7 instead of 15.

1 hour ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Sign Kirk, draft a developmental QB in a later round, cut Taylor

yes, that would be fine with me as a Viking fan. please get out of our way in drafting the college QB we would like to get.

thank you very much.

1 hour ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Sign Kirk, draft a developmental QB in a later round, cut Taylor

I think with the since of urgency at the position this is most likely unless we can get Fields at our price.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vike daddy said:

what are you guys willing to pay for Cousins' salary?

Me personally, not much lol. Like 25m. Obviously that would never happen, but it seems like he’s Zac Robinson’s man for this season. Sure hope he’s right.