Is Ted Thompson this bad or was he never that good?

cooters22

13 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

@th87

You know all the games we will win.

Now that Rodgers is back, how will the season finish???!

I expect to win out, but our defense could be an issue.  Losing is unexpected enough for me to be disappointed.

1 minute ago, th87 said:

I'm not characterizing my opposition as inherently unreasonable.  I'm just stating that that's what Norm is doing.  Which is a fact.

And speaking of reality, using wins against teams going 8-31 as a feather in TT's cap isn't exactly reality either.

Yeah reality is "MAYBE" we could win one more of the other 9. 

That's your stance. We could MAYBE win one of 9. You know it's ridiculous. You probably even know it's wrong. Just can't admit it though. Would make your world come crashing down if this staff was better than 3 wins because you said for years it's not. Can't be wrong on the internet with strangers who don't even care or you die instantly. Or whatever.

1 minute ago, th87 said:

I expect to win out, but our defense could be an issue.  Losing is unexpected enough for me to be disappointed.

Our corners blow. That's gonna kill us if we make the post season. I'm hoping the team plays with some insane emotion. I would bet cash money we lose one. But I believe somehow we'll win out too.

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

What am I supposed to do when I disagree? Legitimize them?

I disagree. I can argue why. I have. (3-4, remember?) I can even portray why I think such views I disagree with exist.

Heaven forbid dude. I swear if I ever disagree with you I've broken some unspoken rule or insulted your intelligence. Might be some insecurities there brother. 

Nothing to do with me; I think I'm right. 

It's the ascribing of absurd positions to your opposition that cheapens your argument.

And I'm not even that down on TT, which is the crazy thing.

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Our corners blow. That's gonna kill us if we make the post season. I'm hoping the team plays with some insane emotion. I would bet cash money we lose one. But I believe somehow we'll win out too.

Do cryptocurrency instead.

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah reality is "MAYBE" we could win one more of the other 9. 

That's your stance. We could MAYBE win one of 9. You know it's ridiculous. You probably even know it's wrong. Just can't admit it though. Would make your world come crashing down if this staff was better than 3 wins because you said for years it's not. Can't be wrong on the internet with strangers who don't even care or you die instantly. Or whatever.

I'm just saying based on what we've seen of the Hundley Packers in 8 games, I haven't seen enough to confidently conclude we'd win 3 more against some pretty good teams.

Just now, th87 said:

Nothing to do with me; I think I'm right. 

It's the ascribing of absurd positions to your opposition that cheapens your argument.

And I'm not even that down on TT, which is the crazy thing.

If ya say so. When I question your realities and then you say stuff like Cincy went crazy on offense, seems like it's pretty accurate. Anyone without a side on this reading would feel the same. I'm not expecting to change your damn mind. I want onlookers to see what is going on for real with these types of arguments and hope they stay towards the middle and aren't pulled astray into your world. We already have enough of that. We need more moderates. Questioning both sides. Looking from both angles. Not with minds made up on every issue with closed ears.

Just now, th87 said:

I'm just saying based on what we've seen of the Hundley Packers in 8 games, I haven't seen enough to confidently conclude we'd win 3 more against some pretty good teams.

I think it's pretty fair we'd win one more. Pretty possible at 5. Anything after that, who knows.

The thing like a Baltimore... Maybe Hundley doesn't crap his pants in games around that time frame if he's played more and we've planned for him to be the guy all year. I said this before and I was semi joking but it's not illogical. 

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

If ya say so. When I question your realities and then you say stuff like Cincy went crazy on offense, seems like it's pretty accurate. Anyone without a side on this reading would feel the same. I'm not expecting to change your damn mind. I want onlookers to see what is going on for real with these types of arguments and hope they stay towards the middle and aren't pulled astray into your world. We already have enough of that. We need more moderates. Questioning both sides. Looking from both angles. Not with minds made up on every issue with closed ears.

I already conceded my memory was faulty regarding that game.  That minor fact invalidates my entire thesis statement that "the Packers beating teams going 8-31 should not be counted as a positive for TT"?

That's not really how it works.

4 minutes ago, th87 said:

I already conceded my memory was faulty regarding that game.  That minor fact invalidates my entire thesis statement that "the Packers beating teams going 8-31 should not be counted as a positive for TT"?

That's not really how it works.

Who said it was a positive for TT? I'm not being facetious. Did anyone say that?

Edit: never mind. Found it. Not my fight.

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I think it's pretty fair we'd win one more. Pretty possible at 5. Anything after that, who knows.

The thing like a Baltimore... Maybe Hundley doesn't crap his pants in games around that time frame if he's played more and we've planned for him to be the guy all year. I said this before and I was semi joking but it's not illogical. 

Sure, I could buy 5.

Also possible he becomes more comfortable by the Baltimore game, but I'm not sure it's enough against a defense like that.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In this rendition of, "I lack all perspective on what the average NFL team looks like."

Seriously, this team is 3-4 with Brett Hundley playing. This roster is not the disaster that you make it out to be, especially when healthy.

2 hours ago, th87 said:

There are stronger arguments than this. Last minute wins against the league's worst isn't a convincing bullet in the resume.

This is the exchange that got me in here.  I'm saying that there are reasons to praise TT, but this isn't one of them.

Archived