Is Ted Thompson this bad or was he never that good?

cooters22

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Seahawks game was 17-9. We scored 7 of our points on a 1 play, 6 yard drive that was a 6 yard run from Montgomery. If Hundley doesn't shoot the team in the foot, and manages to get us into field goal range once, we win that game. How the bleeping bleed do you conclude it's not reasonable to conclude Hundley could win?

Rodgers threw a pick six against the Bengals. You don't think Hundley could put up 17 points against that team and at least be competitive?

Throw in the Bears game which you concede. That's 6ish wins right there. You probably get one more on an upset to get over the hump and get to 7 wins. 

He got like 80 yards and a nothingburger against the Ravens.  I'm very skeptical he gets much against the Seahawks, and also doesn't sustain possessions in the second half either.

That Bengals team had their way with us offensively.  So it will not likely have been enough.

For every upset, there's also a game we should've won but lost.

6 minutes ago, th87 said:

Didn't say we'd lose to every team.  Intellectual dishonesty again.

Since you can't read context, I meant you said we'd lose to every team you'd said we'd lose to. You got to pick our wins. As if your opinion on that decides what games we'd win or lose in the magical fantasy world that never existed. Again, stressing we won games I guarantee you did not think we'd win. So who cares who you think we'd lose to, nobody. So why am I asking.....

3-4. Real world. Things that actually happened. Not made up. 3-4.

6 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Nah. It's true. They did the same thing the year after the SB. 

Nothing can quench your thirsts. Your standard is impossible, always moving, and impossible to achieve.

It lives on hindsight, lack of perspective, and whatever personality traits you all have that cause you to think you need to criticize everything so you can massage your ego when you get tell everyone you were right when it's convenient.

This isn't even a sports thing. It's everywhere these days. It's gross.

Your predictive talents are wasted here.

But always good to simplify your world to avoid facing inconvenient questions.  "They're just dumb-dumbs..."

1 minute ago, th87 said:

He got like 80 yards and a nothingburger against the Ravens.  I'm very skeptical he gets much against the Seahawks, and also doesn't sustain possessions in the second half either.

That Bengals team had their way with us offensively.  So it will not likely have been enough.

For every upset, there's also a game we should've won but lost.

The Bengals scored 17 points against us and had 301 yards. I need you to get a firm grip on reality.

Just now, th87 said:

Your predictive talents are wasted here.

But always good to simplify your world to avoid facing inconvenient questions.  "They're just dumb-dumbs..."

You and victim card again. You ever get tired of it?

A lack of perspective in pro football isn't indicative of intelligence. Nor have I expressed a lack of it. I just don't think you all have open eyes and minds to the realities of the sport as a whole.

But pretend I called you dumb again, maybe one day Webby will fall for it and finally ban me and you'll be free to spout whatever you want without question like you so strongly desire.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Bengals scored 17 points against us and had 301 yards. I need you to get a firm grip on reality.

God I hope everyone really reads this thread and really concentrates on post replies like this to see what the hell I'm talking about.

But I'm supposedly insane today.....

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Okay, my bad.  But do you think Hundley sustains the drives Rodgers did to keep the Bengals off the field?

17 minutes ago, th87 said:

There is no basis whatsoever in this 6 win prediction because we got 3 close wins against the worst teams in the league.  At least I tried an analysis.  You just pulled it out of an orifice.

I could have seriously believed mine. There was just as much logic in it as, we lose all these games cuz I said so!!

I just can't tell myself we are 'maybe' a 4 win team after 3-4. Call me crazy. Whatever...

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You and victim card again. You ever get tired of it?

A lack of perspective in pro football isn't indicative of intelligence. Nor have I expressed a lack of it. I just don't think you all have open eyes and minds to the realities of the sport as a whole.

But pretend I called you dumb again, maybe one day Webby will fall for it and finally ban me and you'll be free to spout whatever you want without question like you so strongly desire.

Okay, sure.  But either way, it's a way to delegitimize opposing viewpoints.  A poor rhetorical tactic.

1 minute ago, th87 said:

Okay, sure.  But either way, it's a way to delegitimize opposing viewpoints.  A poor rhetorical tactic.

Yes, the victim card you insist on playing is a (transparent) attempt to delegitimize opposing viewpoints and a poor rhetorical tactic. I'm glad we're in agreement. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes, the victim card you insist on playing is a (transparent) attempt to delegitimize opposing viewpoints and a poor rhetorical tactic. I'm glad we're in agreement. 

I'm not characterizing my opposition as inherently unreasonable.  I'm just stating that that's what Norm is doing.  Which is a fact.

And speaking of reality, using wins against teams going 8-31 as a feather in TT's cap isn't exactly reality either.

4 minutes ago, th87 said:

What am I supposed to do when I disagree? Legitimize them?

I disagree. I can argue why. I have. (3-4, remember?) I can even portray why I think such views I disagree with exist.

Heaven forbid dude. I swear if I ever disagree with you I've broken some unspoken rule or insulted your intelligence. Might be some insecurities there brother. 

Archived