2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

Just now, Wentz you dog you said:

If we could get Burns for #22 I would do it in a heartbeat but I doubt it

They’ve suspended contract talks, if we’d be willing to pay him what he wants my guess is it’d be 22 and probably something else in the 3-4th round next year. 

Zach berman labeled this as an AJ brown type move the eagles could make which I agree

i I don’t typically condone trading firsts but the idea here is trading firsts for premium 24-25 year olds on 2nd contracts which would provide a likely higher ceiling 5 years than a rookie contract

eagles need blue chip guys. Drafting the 3rd best corner in the draft isn’t a mistake necessarily but if that pick can get you a 25 year old high end pass rusher I think that’s the difference

i also don’t like the 22 range. I think the risk amplifies tenfold. They say there’s typically only about 15 guys who are actually first round talents. So at 22 you’re basically relying on scouting to an even higher degree. I think the panthers without a first and rebuilding probably have more value with that pick than the eagles who are honestly desperate for dudes

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'd try to trade for Josh Allen before Burns.  Allen and Jax supposedly "far apart" in their contact talks.  Reddick and #22 seems fair. 

Similar physical profile, Josh Allen is better. My thought would be Reddick can land a 2, hopefully that keeps the eagles stocking up talent and they’ve been pretty great in the 2nd round. 

i think Allen would take Reddick, #22 and probably more

hes coming of 19 sacks which is going to make Jacksonville have a ton of leverage. They might be able to ask for Reddick, 22 and 2025 1st

36 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

My thought was CJGJ as a nickel not a safety. He was a really good nickel in New Orleans and he filled in for Maddox really well

hed do what I thought dejean could potentially do

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. He just gives you so much optionality back there. McKinney and CGJ would technically be signing 2 safeties but CGJ is more that nickel/safety hybrid chess piece. I don't think it's unrealistic at all ESPECIALLY considering we literally just released our penciled in starting slot corner yesterday.

• Like 1

I don't think we are going to make a top of the market move except for maybe Xavier McKinney. I doubt we trade for Burns or another DE regardless of what happens with Reddick. I'd expect 2-3 mid level guys and then fill out the rest in the draft.

16 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don't think we are going to make a top of the market move except for maybe Xavier McKinney. I doubt we trade for Burns or another DE regardless of what happens with Reddick. I'd expect 2-3 mid level guys and then fill out the rest in the draft.

I just think landing a guy would be prudent as I do believe they’ll likely try to move on from Josh sweat next year if his degenerative knee causes any issues with stamina and effectiveness over the course of a season

10 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I just think landing a guy would be prudent as I do believe they’ll likely try to move on from Josh sweat next year if his degenerative knee causes any issues with stamina and effectiveness over the course of a season

I'd be ok with moving for Burns, just don't see that being the kinda move we will make. 

Oh Josina.  My guess is Carolina is going to want more than 22, but good luck to them.  If there is any truth to the Rams offering 2 1's and a 2 a couple years ago...everyone in that building should be looking for a new profession.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Oh Josina.  My guess is Carolina is going to want more than 22, but good luck to them.  If there is any truth to the Rams offering 2 1's and a 2 a couple years ago...everyone in that building should be looking for a new profession.

I think they were lol

i think they were all fired