2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

EDGE rusher is really by biggest concern at a glance. Sweat and Reddick, beyond that it's effectively nobody. I don't know what to expect of Nolan Smith moving forward, but he didn't show anything this year.

First thing's first we need to see who the coaching staff is and what the philosophies will be.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

First thing's first we need to see who the coaching staff is and what the philosophies will be.

This right here. We need to know that ownership and the front office will change their ways before everything else.

• Like 1

Regardless of who is hire or not, it is clear as Day where the Eagles are lacking, Defense

Only gets worse when Cox, BG, JB, Slay and the rest of the Vet signings we attempted to fill injuries with that failed miserably are all gone as well. 

We are extremely young on defense! Or at least should be in 2024 after cuts! Take your lumps and 🙏 despite that age it will be hard to be worst then the 2023 Eagles Defense!

Rebuild,  replenish that entire side of the team. Hope a new OC/HC fixes the offensive woes of 2023. Starts there!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Bradberry and Byard I would imagine get let go.  Bradberry will incur a massive cap hit, but there's no way to sell bringing him back.  Byard was **** with minimal investment and a large cap hit.  They will move on.  

I would imagine Ringo will get a chance to compete for the starting corner opposite Slay provided Slay is healthy enough to start the season.  Ditto for Brown opposite Blankenship.  They will either draft someone or the more likely scenario someone signed off the street on a 1-2 year deal to compete with the kids.

Johnson is back.  Graham and Cox both want to come back for one last hurrah and they'd do well to at least bring Graham back on a 1 year deal to solidify their edge depth.

Reddick I can see them moving on from.  He's older, massive cap hit, and disappeared down the stretch.

Roughly half of this roster will be completely turned over.

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Regardless of who is hire or not, it is clear as Day where the Eagles are lacking, Defense

Only gets worse when Cox, BG, JB, Slay and the rest of the Vet signings we attempted to fill injuries with that failed miserably are all gone as well. 

We are extremely young on defense! Or at least should be in 2024 after cuts! Take your lumps and 🙏 despite that age it will be hard to be worst then the 2023 Eagles Defense!

Rebuild,  replenish that entire side of the team. Hope a new OC/HC fixes the offensive woes of 2023. Starts there!

I think Slay and Cox are back. Slay as CB2 and Cox in similar role as this year.

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Saw Cox was hinting at retirement, but think he might do a Suh next year at least

Man you'd think after such a solid season he'd be fine to play another full one. He'd be one hell of a mercenary pickup like midway through a season for a team, based on last year.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think Slay and Cox are back. Slay as CB2 and Cox in similar role as this year.

What's not to say Slay doesn't retire, I believe he hinted at wanting more family time on his podcast, this injury might just help push him to retirement. 

7 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

What's not to say Slay doesn't retire, I believe he hinted at wanting more family time on his podcast, this injury might just help push him to retirement. 

Could be right about that. Wish we could get some updates on these guys. 

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Could be right about that. Wish we could get some updates on these guys. 

Yea, i do believe it will def matter what the injury and rehab timeline is, but also could he the full wake up for him to walk away, especially with how this season went and PHI booing him and his reaction to The PHI boos

19 hours ago, Danger said:

EDGE rusher is really by biggest concern at a glance. Sweat and Reddick, beyond that it's effectively nobody. I don't know what to expect of Nolan Smith moving forward, but he didn't show anything this year.

I’m certain coaching philosophies will be more of the same, unless Lurie does something drastic like fire Howie.   

The amount of holes on the defense is alarming and they’ve been kicking the Safety, CB, LB can down the road for far too long.  They’ll probably over correct like they did with drafting all SEC players, and go heavy at those spots.  

Edited by 4for4PhillyFan

20 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think Slay is back, but Cox is more 50/50.  Going to depend a lot on what they chose to do with this coaching staff.