2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

9 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

What is the salary situation looking like this offseason?

We have about $28M in cap space as it stands now, if we cut Byard, it goes up to $42M, and of course I'd wager Howie could restructure a couple of guys.

I expect we'll be looking into extending Smitty soon for one.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

We have about $28M in cap space as it stands now, if we cut Byard, it goes up to $42M, and of course I'd wager Howie could restructure a couple of guys.

I expect we'll be looking into extending Smitty soon for one.

It'd be nice to bring in a proven very good defender at some point in free agency then have a defensive heavy draft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, downundermike said:
4 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Seems that if post June 1st cut, Reddick would save over $15 million and Byard would save $14 million.

Byard does not have to be post June 1.  Nothing guaranteed cause we traded for him

I don't think Cutting Reddick does us any good, especially when we're already incredibly thing at EDGE. 

Reddick is being underpaid aside from the last portion of this past season. Don't see any sense in cutting him.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I don't think Cutting Reddick does us any good, especially when we're already incredibly thing at EDGE. 

Reddick is being underpaid aside from the last portion of this past season. Don't see any sense in cutting him.

I feel like Reddick was awful the 2nd half of the season. I feel like that $16 million could be better spent elsewhere. 

Just now, EAGLES3658 said:

I feel like Reddick was awful the 2nd half of the season. I feel like that $16 million could be better spent elsewhere. 

The whole team fell to shambles, are we forgetting what he's been the other last 3.5 of 4 years? 

It'd be a huge crime to cut him on what is a hell of a deal.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

The whole team fell to shambles, are we forgetting what he's been the other last 3.5 of 4 years? 

I'm sure many people felt that way about Bradberry too.

Just now, CasperX22 said:

I'm sure many people felt that way about Bradberry too.

There's a difference between cutting someone and resigning someone who's no longer under contract. I wouldn't advocate for resigning Reddick after this next season if he doesn't return to form.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

He'll be 30 for next season and possibly showed signs of decline considering he was pretty consistently getting blocked by TEs at the end of the year. He also doesn't care about defending the run whatsoever. Just think they could potentially spend that money elsewhere and help change the culture and get new life in here at the same time. 

Just now, EAGLES3658 said:

He'll be 30 for next season and possibly showed signs of decline considering he was pretty consistently getting blocked by TEs at the end of the year. He also doesn't care about defending the run whatsoever. Just think they could potentially spend that money elsewhere and help change the culture and get new life in here at the same time. 

What's your plan for EDGE then? Just Sweat and Nolan Smith, draft a guy, sign a guy?

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

What's your plan for EDGE then? Just Sweat and Nolan Smith, draft a guy, sign a guy?

True, I get it. But yes, I think they have to draft and edge player and potentially look to sign one as well. I'd like to see at least one "splash" signing on defense. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

There’s some really good potential edge FAs. Wouldn’t mind flipping Reddick if he pushes for a new contract. 

If he demands a new contact then maybe that opens up the conversation. Otherwise, wtf are we talking about? They aren't cutting their best past rusher who signed a very reasonable contract that he's still playing under. You know who also didn't play well the second half of the season? Fu**ing everybody.