2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

11 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Why stick with average just to stick with it. We need better players. 

Of course we need better players. How many holes do you realistically see getting fixed in one offseason? Is Reed among the top of that list?

S x2

LB x2

CB x1 (2)

DE x2

RG, OC, RB #1, TE #2,  WR #3?

• Like 1

Eagles need to get faster. plain and simple. They need more talent, they need more size, they need more athletes. A modern defense needs to close and close fast

in 2022 the eagles had some good players, but with the zone schemes they ran guys were late to close. Eagles need better athletes straight up. Isaiah Rodgers will help but they need speed at CB, LB, S. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Of course we need better players. How many holes do you realistically see getting fixed in one offseason? Is Reed among the top of that list?

S x2

LB x2

CB x1 (2)

DE x2

I certainly think Reed is more than fine enough to be a starting safety for us. I'd venture to say he's an above average starting safety, actually.

47 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Why stick with average just to stick with it. We need better players. 

Reed is cheap, young with room to grow, and flashed.

Sure if they can find two young Safeties that are upgrades do it. Going into the offseason with the idea that replacing him is a focus seems silly though. I don't think he will ever be a top tier player, but I think he is definitely a guy that can function in a good defense.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Reed is cheap, young with room to grow, and flashed.

Sure if they can find two young Safeties that are upgrades do it. Going into the offseason with the idea that replacing him is a focus seems silly though. I don't think he will ever be a top tier player, but I think he is definitely a guy that can function in a good defense.

Didn’t say anything about it being a focus. Just that he should be replaced. 

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Didn’t say anything about it being a focus. Just that he should be replaced. 

Fair, but still don't really agree. Like I said if it happens and we actually do find two Safeties who are just better go for it, but I find it pretty unlikely just due to his combination of cost and youth. 

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Fair, but still don't really agree. Like I said if it happens and we actually do find two Safeties who are just better go for it, but I find it pretty unlikely just due to his combination of cost and youth. 

It’s ok, we don’t have to lol. I just can’t stand him anymore. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 4:05 PM, Nabbs4u said:

S x2

LB x2

CB x1 (2)

DE x2

I think WR and RB are best filled in FA, particularly WR.

First year receivers don't usually fare well unless you get someone pretty high.

The Eagles need a RB who can pick up a blitz and not show up on Saturday's pancake menu.

I've always liked DJ Chark and Laviska Shenault, the latter being versatile and able to break tackles.

It amazes me how Chark can be so good one game and disappear the next.

Ezekiel Elliot looks to me like the perfect third back behind Swift and Gainwell.

9 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

I think the one guy for whom the Eagles should go all in is Chase Young, assuming he doesn't re-sign before they have a chance.

How come? 

Dude went to a way more stacked team and his production went down.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

How come? 

Dude went to a way more stacked team and his production went down.

Agreed.  You would think that the attention other teams have to give to Bosa, Hargrave etc, his production would have increased quite a bit.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Agreed. @MKnight82 @MikeT14

How involved was Ron with the defense over the last handful of years schematically? Was the defense modern in design in terms of the man/zone hybridization.

Uh no. It looks like the league has passed him by by a mile. He's one of those coaches that just coaches his scheme regardless of whether the players fit it or not. He doesn't make the scheme fit the players he has. The general consensus is that we have a lot more talent on defense than the stats showed this year because they were coached horribly. 

• Like 1