2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Let's say that he ends up being an absolute home run hire, what is the best case scenario here? Hope they win the SB next year bc he will be a hot HC candidate?  Part of the appeal of someone like Frazer, Zimmer, or Rivera is that they are unlikely to be tabbed again for a HC position and could provide some long term stability on the defensive side of the ball.

You went straight 10-1 ratio. Of course we take that in 2024 but realistically.........?

Come on!

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

Well its pretty sad if thats what we are factoring into the coach search situation. "Lets hire someone that nobody else wants so that they can stay here if they do have success"......You know what generally fixes the problem of having your coordinators poached? A great head coach. Find one of those.

I mean Jim Schwartz was a good hire for Doug Peterson and we knew he was likely never going to be a HC again.  Jim Johnson...never really had aspirations to be a HC.  Sometimes failed HC's make the best coordinators.  Granted some failed HC's are just bad coaches period.  Leslie Frazier was a failed HC, but he's pretty much had success wherever he's been as a coordinator or position coach.  Also, a lot of the hot names out there for 1st time coordinators do not really peaking my interest at all.

48 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You guys were in the Super Bowl last year and most of you want your HC fired and now you're talking about trading your QB. That's insane.

Nahhh, just the very "special people" want that.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Welcome to the fuking show

Tell me about it. This is insane. No wonder the eagles flame out after a Super Bowl run. The fans and media become spoiled and go nuts.

me included. Granted I do think Nick is deserving of being fired for that collapse and ineptitude 

41 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

It’s tough

because on one hand it’s clear this is mostly nicks fault. Yes Shane is probably a top 5-10 playcaller in the nfl, but the larger issue was that the offense didn’t evolve from 2022 to 2023

so everyone was basically having to beat defenses on sheer will and skill and not scheme 

btw Nick said as much himself. that their plan was to beat people with talent and running what they run. Not out scheming but out talenting

but Brian didn’t help, he didn’t do anything to help evolve, and he didn’t do anything to make up for any deficiencies. It sounds more like he clashed with Nick more than he worked with him