2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think they save a nice chunk of money if they post June 1st cut him. I can't imagine why they'd want him back.

Just read we have $28M in Cap space. If we move on from Byard or redue his deal that number goes up to $41M. 

He Gone!

15 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just read we have $28M in Cap space. If we move on from Byard or redue his deal that number goes up to $41M. 

He Gone!

Yeah barring he will not be playing for the Eagles under his current contract. I doubt they will want him back at all but if they do it will be a highly discounted rate. It appears he is pretty much washed but hard to tell exactly what he has left because of the complete ineptitude of the defense.  

CJGJ is gonna be a free agent lol. I’d like the eagles to get much younger and much faster.

isaiah Rodgers will be a speed upgrade at nickel, bring CJGJ in that’ll add more speed

if jeremy chinn is out there I’d like that as well

speed speed speed

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think they save a nice chunk of money if they post June 1st cut him. I can't imagine why they'd want him back.

We don't even need to June 1st Byard. Cutting him we're only on the hook for 1.4 of his 14.4 Million. We save 13M by cutting him outright. He ain't worth that. Easiest move to make this offseason.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Blankenship too? Only 1/2 way decent looking safety on the field this year for Philadelphia. 

Does he has his own issues (health), sure but by far the best of 💩 we had at the position. 

Reed never deserved a starters spot and has hardly earned it or played well enough to keep it. Don’t know why anyone would want him back definitively. Backup, 3rd S sure. Multi year starter, hell no. We can do better. 

• Like 1

At a glance. 3 guys I'd be looking to restructure the most would be 

Sweat, Mailata, and Goedert

None of them individually is saving us a whole bunch of money this year, but between the 3 of them we can probably heek out another $8M this year.

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

He Gone!

Which is a nice chunk of money. I wonder how much will be attributed to extending and re signing our own guys? I'd like to have a nice amount left to go improve this secondary.

16 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Reed never deserved a starters spot and has hardly earned it or played well enough to keep it. Don’t know why anyone would want him back definitively. Backup, 3rd S sure. Multi year starter, hell no. We can do better. 

I feel like he's better than a 3rd safety, but definitely not supposed to be your best safety. I think he's a solid second best safety. I think he'd start on a lot of teams, not just ours. Was really only his first year as a regular starter.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I feel like he's better than a 3rd safety, but definitely not supposed to be your best safety. I think he's a solid second best safety. I think he'd start on a lot of teams, not just ours. Was really only his first year as a regular starter.

I disagree. But I disliked him for a long time. It borders on irrational. So I won’t argue but I just was never impressed and he was just given the starting position. I don’t get it. What about Reed makes you think, automatic starter? 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

At a glance. 3 guys I'd be looking to restructure the most would be 

Sweat, Mailata, and Goedert

None of them individually is saving us a whole bunch of money this year, but between the 3 of them we can probably heek out another $8M this year.

I wouldn’t mess with Dallas’ contract. He’ll be 30 next year and is always banged up. I’d work on replacing him before restructuring him to stay longer. Cool with him next year. But there needs to be some better talent behind him. I’d look for a TE early this draft. But we do have a lot of holes to fill. 

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I disagree. But I disliked him for a long time. It borders on irrational. So I won’t argue but I just was never impressed and he was just given the starting position. I don’t get it. What about Reed makes you think, automatic starter? 

I think his mental awareness and competent general physical traits are good places to start. Automatic starter is a hard thing to define. He also strikes me as a guy who properly prepares for his assignments. Again I wouldn't want him leading my secondary, but as a spoke in the wheel, I think he can be a quality player.

Let's be real. There were very few bright spots on this 2023 defense,  especially with the back 7. Hard to judge given this staff who could actually do their job properly and who couldn't? When it appeared none of them could for the vast majority of games. 

Blankenship to me, at times look like one of the few. Not suggesting he's Dawk or even a Jenkins caliber type Safety in the making but he's sure as hell not the next Human Cape 2.0 either, which I'll take for now.