2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I kinda wish they just didn't play games with all the trade downs and took Roman Wilson in the 3rd.

Yeah I was calling for Roman Wilson big time as he was falling. If they wanted Jaylx that bad I would have been fine if they traded up in the 4th round.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Danger said:

lmao, cut parker and campbell and sign Boyd for that. Are you serious? What a missed opportunity here.

I'm sure had Tyler Boyd in the beginning of FA been willing to accept a 1yr $4.5M contract, Howie would of signed him!!

I guarantee You, without a shadow of doubt in my mind, that was not his asking price! Zero doubt!!

2 months later, post draft, no long term realistically in sight? Here we are!

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, Danger said:

lmao, cut parker and campbell and sign Boyd for that. Are you serious? What a missed opportunity here.

Absolutely.  I'd cut them on the spot to make room.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm sure had Tyler Boyd in the beginning of FA been willing to accept a 1yr $4.5M contract, Howie would of signed him!!

I guarantee You, without a shadow of doubt in my mind, that was not his asking price! Zero doubt!!

2 months later, post draft, no long term realistically in sight? Here we are!

What was that about Boyd getting 10 mil at this point in fa? 😂 

4 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

I think they are choosing Ainias Smith over Tyler Boyd. Think they always wanted to draft someone to get on the field quite a bit while having a vet splitting reps with them throughout the season. If they signed Tyler Boyd then that rookie isnt seeing the field unless injury. Hopefully it works out and Smith turns out to be a good player or Campbell gives them his best season. Think Parker is going to be cut tbh.

If they believe smith can be the guy I’m actually more fine with it. If they trot out Campbell or Parker I’m less fine with it. I’m always going to support playing young cheap guys at less impactful positions like slot receiver, linebacker, guard etc.

if you have a draft pick you like to me it’s just better to play them over sub par veteran journeymen. 

sure Campbell might “outplay” smith early season but I’d bet smith to at bare minimum have more potential to outplay him mid to late season

having said that if they play Campbell and/or Parker then they should’ve just signed Boyd imo 

4 hours ago, Danger said:

I kinda wish they just didn't play games with all the trade downs and took Roman Wilson in the 3rd.

I don’t think they were ever drafting him. I personally liked him a lot

i think they wanted zinter. The 3rd trade down was definitely them choosing to just take Jalyx hunt there now that zinter was gone

if the draft went perfectly for them it would’ve probably been 

mitchell

dejean

zinter

hunt

Say what you will, right or wrong,  players you wanted or not but the Eagles have tried to rebuild this defense the past few seasons thru the draft........, guess we'll see?

The Eagles have completely REBUILT their defense through the NFL Draft.

2024 - CB Quinyon Mitchell 
2024 - CB Cooper DeJean
2023 - DL Jalen Carter 
2023 - LB Nolan Smith

2023 - DB Sydney Brown

2023 - CB Keelee Ringo

2023 - DT Moro Ojomo

2022 - DT Jordan Davis
2022 - LB Nakobe Dean

2022 - S Reed Blankenship 

2022 - CB Josh Jobe

• Like 1

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

We have nothing to show for it in terms of compensation too, right?

.... I'm not gonna go into that because it'd be grating up against the rules.

• Like 1