Our remaining schedule

Mid Iowa

7 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

I think we beat both the Jets and Bucs... That gives us 11 wins. However the ATL game will be the biggest game of the year for us and will likley decided the division and possibly a 1st round bye. Id love to say im confident the Saints win out but the Falcons game is ALWAYS a dog fight.

Yea I said weeks ago when people were sure the Saints would win the division that they need to hold that talk until we play Atlanta.  Atlanta is our biggest rival and play us hard no matter how bad they/we are.  I think we have a good chance of winning the next game, but it won't be a blowout like some of us think.

Yes, I think we beat Jets.  Jets with Bryce Petty at QB, in the dome, should be a ROFLstomp.  A loss would be devastating though, and this team can't expect to beat one of the top teams in the league when it can't even beat the Jets at home with a backup QB.

The Bucs game I'm less sure about.  Yes, the Bucs are awful, but it's a division game, and @Bucs is a lot like Patriots @ Dolphins.  We can be beaten there even when they are terrible.  It happened in 2011 when we went 13-3, and we lost to Bucs in 2009 also.  

When it's all said and done, I think we will go 11-5 at least, if not 12-4, and hopefully won't have to worry about a wildcard.

However, this probably means we are the 4 seed, and will play the 5 seed, which looks to be Carolina almost certainly.  It will be incredibly hard to beat Carolina three consecutive times in one season, and that game scares me the most.

The NFC is just stacked this year.  If we win the Superbowl, no one can say we didn't earn it.

• 2 weeks later...

To follow up on this post from a few weeks ago, one week left, and there are huge implications all over the place.

Question: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?

The Saints are #4 seed just behind the Rams (#3 via head to head). The Rams play the 49ers who are no longer the joke, they're on a winning streak with Jimmy G at the helm. If the Rams lose and we win, we pop into the #3 seed, and Rams go to #4 or #5 depending on how the Panthers play Sunday.

The Panthers (#5) play at the Falcons (#6) who are not playing well, yet are still in the hunt.

The Falcons are in "win-and-in" mode and get to finish up at home. We know they can play tough there. That's probably the game of the week.

The Seahawks (#7) need to win and have the Falcons lose in order to gain a post-season shot. The 'Hawks are playing the Cardinals in Seattle. Although that seems like a win, the Cards play well up there, so it's certainly not a given.

We play the Buccs (eliminated) in Tampa, and we all know they'd LOVE to play spoiler to our Division Championship. Catch 22 for them, if they beat us, and Carolina wins, the Panthers are the champs.

Anyway, the NFC isn't really decided yet. The Vikings (#2) are possibly the #1, but need the now #1 Eagles to trip up. The Eagles host the Cowboys (eliminated) who just dropped one at home to the surging Seahawks. We know Dallas can play with anybody, or not play at all, depending on what mood they're in that day. So, this isn't over yet.

If the Viking lose to the Bears (eliminated), there will be a meltdown in the upper Midwest. It just shouldn't happen.

Who do you want to play in 2 weeks?

If everything ended today, we'd play the Panthers in New Orleans.

I feel the likely scenario is this
#1 Vikings (bye)
#2 Eagles (bye)
#3 Rams (beat Seattle)
#4 Saints (beat Panthers)
#5 Panthers (lose)
#6 Seattle (lose)

That puts us at home vs. the Panthers, and Seattle traveling to LA. Both tough games.

If trends continue, the next week is like this;
Saints at Vikings (very tough game)
Rams at Eagles (Rams win this one)

Jump ahead yet another week;
Do we have a shot to play the Rams in LA again? I'd probably rather play them in LA than the Eagles in Philly.

Your thoughts?

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

To follow up on this post from a few weeks ago, one week left, and there are huge implications all over the place.

Question: Who would you rather face in the playoffs?

The Saints are #4 seed just behind the Rams (#3 via head to head). The Rams play the 49ers who are no longer the joke, they're on a winning streak with Jimmy G at the helm. If the Rams lose and we win, we pop into the #3 seed, and Rams go to #4 or #5 depending on how the Panthers play Sunday.

The Panthers (#5) play at the Falcons (#6) who are not playing well, yet are still in the hunt.

The Falcons are in "win-and-in" mode and get to finish up at home. We know they can play tough there. That's probably the game of the week.

The Seahawks (#7) need to win and have the Falcons lose in order to gain a post-season shot. The 'Hawks are playing the Cardinals in Seattle. Although that seems like a win, the Cards play well up there, so it's certainly not a given.

We play the Buccs (eliminated) in Tampa, and we all know they'd LOVE to play spoiler to our Division Championship. Catch 22 for them, if they beat us, and Carolina wins, the Panthers are the champs.

Anyway, the NFC isn't really decided yet. The Vikings (#2) are possibly the #1, but need the now #1 Eagles to trip up. The Eagles host the Cowboys (eliminated) who just dropped one at home to the surging Seahawks. We know Dallas can play with anybody, or not play at all, depending on what mood they're in that day. So, this isn't over yet.

If the Viking lose to the Bears (eliminated), there will be a meltdown in the upper Midwest. It just shouldn't happen.

Who do you want to play in 2 weeks?

If everything ended today, we'd play the Panthers in New Orleans.

I feel the likely scenario is this
#1 Vikings (bye)
#2 Eagles (bye)
#3 Rams (beat Seattle)
#4 Saints (beat Panthers)
#5 Panthers (lose)
#6 Seattle (lose)

That puts us at home vs. the Panthers, and Seattle traveling to LA. Both tough games.

If trends continue, the next week is like this;
Saints at Vikings (very tough game)
Rams at Eagles (Rams win this one)

Jump ahead yet another week;
Do we have a shot to play the Rams in LA again? I'd probably rather play them in LA than the Eagles in Philly.

Your thoughts?

I'm not really looking forward to the Saints playing the Panthers, again. Saints HAVE to beat Tampa so at least they'll get the Panthers at home. 

Personally, I would rather play the Eagles and Foles in colder weather than either the Vikings or Rams. That Vikings D is legit and the Rams offense with Gurley have been on fire lately.

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I just realized a screw up. The Eagles are locked in at #1, so we'd likely play there, while the Rams would likely play at the Vikings.

Rams are talking about resting starters, so if they lose and we win, we'll be 3 seed, and play the Vikings.  I'd rather play the Eagles, but there's a decent chance we will win and they will lose.

Unless we lose and Carolina wins, then we'll be the 5 seed and get to play the Eagles if the 3 seed wins.  But then, if Rams get 4 seed, that would make us play them in the wildcard round.

No easy roads to the superbowl.

Archived