2025 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking: (Edited 9/2/24) Prospect Standouts

Ozzy

On 5/15/2024 at 7:57 AM, jebrick said:

Wilson is calling defenses in OTAs at this point.  Has more experience at MLB than Shazier did when he was drafted.  Realizing it took 1.5 years for the lightbulb to go on for Shazier I think Wilson is more advanced in his reads than Shazier.

The Steelers have signaled that they do not expect to get much out of Holcomb this season due to his injury.  Read into that what you will.  I think Wilson and Roberts will rotate to start the season but I expect  Wilson to be starting sooner rather than later and have the same role that Shazier had.

i do think DL and QB will be high picks in 2025.  Here is the logic for the QB

If Russ is fantastic, they probably can't afford him but could franchise him.
If Russ is great in success but not exactly lighting it up, you offer him a 2-year deal for good money, let Fields go, & draft his successor.
If Russ is mediocre, you walk away at the end of the year, sign Fields to be a #2 slash placeholder starter, draft a QB.
If Russ is terrible, you insert Fields in 2024 and see what you've got
............. if he's great, you've found your franchise QB
............. if he's terrible, you walk away after 2024
............. if he's mediocre or pretty good, you ditch Russ, sign Fields to be the #2/placeholder starter while you groom your shiny new QB pick.

At this point, I would draft a DL for them in any mocks.  They need a active 1 tech, a replacement for Cam Heyward ( 5 tech with great motor).  Consider that Benson makes a good 3 tech I think that is covered.

Maybe but they do have Leal on the DL and I think he has great upside, brought in Lowry who can be solid at times and Logan Lee could be a solid pro but we will see.  ILB sure again if Wilson is legit great at that position no need to draft one.  But to me Queen is not some amazing player, Roquan Smith was the legit ILB on the Ravens and Queen was fast and athletic but he is not Roquan Smith who changed that defense when he arrived.  So Queen is not a game changer at the position, time will tell but to me he is not even close to as impactful as Roquan so if the Steelers think they are getting that they are mistaken.  Lawson could have been a 1st round pick this past year and has great upside but sure maybe that is not the way to go if Wilson can be big time there which he possibly could.  Or he will be the replacement OLB for the often injured Watt along with Herbig, and that OLB backup spot is an issue because after Herbig and Wilson it takes a big drop off.  

For QB I just feel one of those two will be their QB moving forward and why draft a QB #1 round if so.  Could easily wait and get a variety of different options at QB throughout the draft and even into UDFA picks.  They are damn lucky to have to super talented QBs on the roster currently and both get paid very little considering how good they are.  Sure that will change in the future but for right now not sure any team has had two QBs like that on a roster together that make so little.

The Steelers have a very promising roster, they had solid moves last year in the offseason and this season it is even better.  If the OL comes together they could be a really solid team.  But health of course does come into play, if say Watt and Heyward are hurt a lot of the year that changes a lot of things potentially.  

Leal is a bust at this point.  Failure at DL and failure at standup OLB.  I think this is his last year on the Steelers but he gets one more try.

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

For QB I just feel one of those two will be their QB moving forward and why draft a QB #1 round if so.

We will agree to disagree as I enumerated in my previous post.  We will see when the season gets rolling.

Harold Perkins Jr LSU JR OLB:  Been toying back and forth with Carter and Perkins, and after digging in more on Perkins damn that kid is good.  I think it is easy to forget that because he plays on such a sub par LSU defense compared to what they usually are.  Their DL even this up coming season will be pretty suspect compared to years past, has decent ILB help but that is it, the secondary will not nothing great especially if Alexander gets hurt again.  What Perkins is in the NFL, I do not know, he could maybe be a hybrid Reddick type who is a OLB in a 4/3 but really drops as a pass rusher most of the time.  Is small no question but could also be a more athletic version of Dre Greenlaw.  Perkins is a great pass rusher who can really bend and get under the tackle and get around them.  He is a missile as a tackler, super powerful and explosive despite only being 6-1 220.  Dude could be a tackling machine potentially if he improves his instincts and awareness a bit, and is interesting Carter they are putting on the DE with possibly hand down in the dirt, Perkins moving more towards being a OLB that rushes only at times and plays in space more.  Was pretty decent with it last year and with more improvement could be very promising even in a 4/3 defense.  Kid is explosive no question about it but does suck not having him rush the passer a lot because he is so good at that.  Even think of Perkins as an athletic blitzing downhill ILB, kid could be awesome in that as well even in a 4/3 or 3/4.  I changed and moved Carter back down and Perkins back up for the moment.

Matthew Bedford Oregon RS SR OG/OT:  Added him to being a late round pick but could play his way to more a mid rounder.  Like his build on the OL and versatility to be possibly a OG or an OT.  Could do great on Oregon no question about it, and makes an already solid group even better at Oregon on the OL.

Garmon Randolph Baylor RS SR DE/OLB:  Added him as well, I thought he was in this 2024 draft but he was not.  Has been hurt on and off which has not helped his progression but the dude is so huge and really looks the part.  We will see if he can finally put it all together, same can be said with his other edge mate on Baylor Steve Linton who could have a breakout year as well.  

Landon Jackson Arkansas SR DE:  I am tempted to move him up to the #1 true 4/3 DE drafted potentially, kid has such upside and really is the part physically especially if he can play that quickly and move that well at a legit 6-7 280.  Could have a real breakout season this year and rise up a lot but time will tell like it will for a lot of edge players who have to take that next step.  Physically could easily say Jackson is as impressive as any of them and could be a Carlos Dunlap type player in the league at that massive size who can move.  

Asa Turner Florida RS SR S:  Transferred from Washington after being hurt most of the season last year.  I like his awareness and his vision at safety, good size as well and has played a lot of football.  Could be really solid on an already solid Florida secondary.  

Sonny Styles Ohio State JR OLB:  He is a player I currently do not have declare or in the draft but damn that kid could be a standout OLB potentially.  Already a pretty proven safety honestly and if he can legit play OLB in a 4/3 system and be a coverage backer, just a bit of improved toughness and he could be something.  Already at a super impressive 6-4 230 and part of easily the most talented defense in the country.  Will be one to watch and could be a riser real quick but depends on if he can become a more physical linebacker or not.  With Downs and Ransom Styles will not be a safety and doubt they play three safeties with three such good corners already.  So at LB in a need position for them will be fun to watch him this year.  

Darian Varner Cincinnati RS SR OLB/DE:  I did not include him in the drafted group of players, but he is promising.  I was excited about him going to Wisconsin but clearly things did not workout there in that system and he did not see the field.  But in a different system he could be solid and was solid on Temple before.  Cinci has Bartlett and Corleone in the middle so could be an active group and Varner might get back on track.  

On 2/18/2024 at 10:21 AM, sparky151 said:

I'm a Buckeye fan and looking forward to seeing Judkins this season. He's already had a lot of carries so splitting with Henderson should work out for him. He'll get most of the short yardage carries that Miyan Williams or Chip Trayanum had the last couple of years.

Why didn't Henderson declare for 2024? He could have been the first back taken in the draft.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

A few players I thought were out of eligibility or were in the 2024 NFL draft.  All are back in college and three of these guys I have no as late 7th round picks potentially.

*Nay'Quan Wright USF RS SR RB:  Breakout season last year and should continue again this season, should be even better, a real powerful runner with good lower leg drive.

*David Gbenda Texas RS SR LB:  Very glad he is back at Texas, love his open field speed and quickness at LB, flashed more than once last year.  Should be part of a standout Texas defense and teamed with Hill they will have amazing quickness and burst at the LB position.  Gbenda could rise up the draft no question and could have a breakout year.  

*Ron Heard II Notre Dame RS SR S:  Has potential and on that Notre Dame defense could standout a lot more and get more attention.  Good versatility as a safety, might play some slot for them as well, teamed with Watts they could have one of the best safety tandems in the country.  Heard was really solid last year on Northwestern.  

*Oscar Cardenas UTSA RS SR TE:  I like his size and power at TE, I do not have him in the field of drafted players right now but is one to watch for being a two tool TE who can block and catch.

*Ricky White III UNLV RS SR WR:  Michigan State transfer, had a great season last year and is a very smooth route runner with good hands.  Could be a solid late round pick potentially, could have another big year for UNLV despite Maiava transferring out, White is a legit deep threat.  

*Karene Reid Utah SR LB:  Coming off an injury he could be a solid season, is a deceptive pass rusher despite his small size and has some great toughness inside.  He can run at the position and could be a late round pick potentially.

*Johnny Hodges TCU RS JR ILB:  I am not sure he will declare being a RS JR this year, depends on his health but have to like the fire he plays with and the anticipation.  Was hurt last year after that big season where they went to the title game.  Like his instincts for the position but has to be able to stay on the field and remain healthy, with a good year he could maybe become a late round draft pick.

Notes:

Jayden Maiava USC SOPH QB, is not in the 2025 draft but that kid could be an absolute star, transferred out of UNLV where he ripped it up last year.  Has the size and a thick build, at USC he could become their starting QB quickly and has the skills to become an elite player at the position with continued development.  Would be shocked if he is not the starter by the end of the season or gets his chance at some point this year.

Dylan Raiola at Nebraska is absolutely massive for that program.  He as a QB has more arm talent and upside than any QB that has ever played at the University of Nebraska.  They have never had a QB with an arm like that even in the history of that program.  It is a historic get for them and they will be wildly improved with Raiola at QB.  Total game changer and should have a great season, they have a solid experience OL, good TEs, stable of RBs and a solid defense with good safeties and a good DL.  Is a long shot but they have an outside shot at being undefeated going into the Ohio State game, and could be 7-0 but time will tell.  Still easily he is the most talented QB ever at Nebraska, then again that is not saying a ton but still...

Alabama people are sleeping on, they just assume they will suck because Saban is gone and sure maybe.  But that offense is going to be hell to go up against and they have the best power run game in the nation when you combine the mobility of Milroe with power runners in Miller and Haynes, they will be tough.  Not to mention they have the best pure run blocking side in the country with Booker and Proctor who move people and an improved center potentially with Brailsford and a solid OG in Roberts and two potential rising stars in Formby and Alinen not to mention Pritchett who should be the OT opposite Proctor.  They will be improved on that OL no question.  The defense could take a step back but honestly if Caleb Downs was still on the team, they would be ranked #1 in the country.  Without him it is a big loss but getting Sabb was big for them and he could be a fine safety and having Moore return is huge because of his versatility.  If they can solid play at CB out of Jackson, Brown or Hurley watchout.  And one of the pass rushers in Alexander, Koht, Keeley and Robinson one of them will show out and become an elite player.  

Two offenses to watchout for are NC State and Miami.  NC State with Grayson McCall, he could have a real breakout season with solid pass protection in Belton and an improved transfer center in Correll, good power runner in the transfer Waters and a super star WR in Concepcion.  Far more talent around him, could help out McCall a lot who is already extremely proven, but that D will have to show out for them to have team success.

Then Miami with Cam Ward, could be a great offense with George and Restrepo at WR who will be a big problem, the addition of power back Martinez is huge for the program and gives them one heck of a force.  They already have a really solid OL with solid tackles in Rivers and Mauigoa and the powerful Cooper on the inside.  They will be hard to go up against, but defensively on the secondary could be an issue.  

Edited by Ozzy

• 3 weeks later...

After watching Deshawn Pace a bit more, moved him way up into being possibly a 3rd or 4th round pick.

That guy is a dude, and like his brother has great lower leg power and drive, can really stone guys cold in the open field.  Love that toughness,  great grit, versatile player who could possibly transition into a coverage/speed OLB or be a great SS that is down in the box.  Good in space and good on screen plays, read and reacts very quickly.  Could have a breakout season now on UCF after the last four years at Cincinnati.  

Could become a Josh Metellus type talent or if he transitions to linebacker maybe a Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah type on the high end of a Jamien Sherwood type player.  Deshawn is a really interesting talent and it does help that his brother is Ivan Pace who had such a great rookie season as a UDFA.  

• Ozzy changed the title to 2025 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (Edited 8/17/24)

Changed the order around a bit moving certain teams up and down.  Still not totally sold on Milore as #1 pick overall but talent wise I would say his upside is higher than Ewers or Beck and clearly the Raiders to me are the weakest QB group in the NFL without having a true star or potential star at that position.  I expect Milroe to have a massive year in the more offensively friendly system at Bama, but he will have to progress as a passer but could argue what he did last year was more than what Anthony Richardson did the one year he started at Florida.  

I do not buy Sanders being the #1 pick at QB yet, to me he has to show a lot more than what he did last year in terms of having success not just because of high volume or attempts.  He can process things well but cannot just run around till a WR gets open like he does a lot of in college.  Also will be curious if he can lead his team to success and wins, something that did not happen last year at all, but since he is Deion's kid people seem to ignore that part.

What Harold Perkins will be in the NFL we will see, I think he could be a great ILB or even 4/3 LB with his speed and range.  Or could end up as a hybrid pass rusher in a 4/3 like the Eagles did with Reddick last year or the Jets did with Huff or the Cardinals with Gardeck or the Bills with Von Miller and or Floyd.  Even looks like the Commanders will be doing that with Fowler and curious what Parsons looks like on the Cowboys as more of a down 4/3 DE compared to the hybrid standup he was usually before.  

• 2 weeks later...

Week 0:

*Jamal Haynes Georgia Tech RS JR RB:  Great forward lean, really fast to the hole and hard to bring down as a runner, key part to a super tough football team that really knows how to run the football and play aggressively.  

*Scottre Humphrey Montana State SOPH RB:  Liked what he showed, very compact low to the ground runner with some power and burst to his game.  Will be one to watch and no question Montana State should compete for a FCS title this year.  

*Kyle Efford Georgia Tech RS SOPH ILB:  Looked the part in this one, is a bit undersized and not a super athlete but is tough and smart.  Is a leader of the defense and plays hard, will be one to watch going forward.

*Maurice Smith Florida State RS SR : I liked what he showed at center, not amazing but is a good anchor and plays with good power, could be a decent mid to late round draft pick.

*Marvin Jones Jr Florida State JR DE:  Showed up more in the pass rush than Payton did, made a few good spin moves and got to the QB.  Still long ways to go for him but looked decent and will get playing time this season on Florida State.

*Weston Franklin Georgia Tech SR C : Looks the part and made a few great blocks in that game, will be one to watch as the season goes on along with a few other OL on Georgia Tech, good group that gets movement and knows how to play.  Franklin was key and did a good job blocking on the second level.  

*Tommy Mellott Montana State SR QB/RB:  I have liked him for awhile but as a QB he really is not an NFL prospect but could be a wild cat QB type or a RB straight up potentially.  Very good running in the open field and has good leg drive and power.  Expected him to develop a lot more than he did the past two years, that one season he really broke out but the last two he split time and they rotated QBs.  

*Marcus Wehr Montana State SR OG/OT:  I need to watch more of him but is apparently a really great athlete overall, did have a few good blocks in this one but would have to look into it a bit more, could be a rising prospect though.

*Cedric Jefferson Montana State RS FR OT:  Looks the part but I have to see more of him, looks like a solid tackle and he is super young as well.  

Disappointed:

- Patrick Payton Florida State RS JR DE - Very disappointed in his play, I had him projected as potentially the top edge rusher in the nation.  Very disappointing play by him, did not seem real interested in stopping the run in this game at all, did not hold the edge well and did not make much of an impact at all.  Sure he is more of a pass rusher but was told he gained weight so I expected a stronger more forceful Payton out there, did not see it.  Is just week one but he needs to pick up his play no question, especially with all FSU lost.  That defense was not the same and was by far weaker in the secondary, LB and for sure the DL.  

- DJ Uiagalelei Florida State RS SR QB - Kind of stinks for him, at Oregon State he seemed to play with way more pace and timing, in this one he started very slow and granted they do not have any proven WR on the roster as of yet compared to last year which was a more free flowing offense at Oregon State.  This is a run centered offense and DJ just looked so so, he should have probably declared last year because even this season I had him late 7th round pick if that, after playing like this he might not even be that.  Even with the great OL and solid backs, he needs to look good as a passer and did not in this one.  

• Ozzy changed the title to 2025 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking: (Edited 8/30/24) Prospect Standouts

Week 1:

*Kyle Monangai Rutgers SR RB:  Amazing looking back, love how quick he is to the hole and how tough he is with defenders.  Good vision, great burst, might not be the best back in the 2025 draft class but he could very well be top 5 in a loaded group.  

*Omarion Hampton UNC JR RB:  Is apart of what could be one hell of a RB class, super tough, physical with a great open field burst.  With the new ball control with solid D playing Tar Hees Hampton if he can stay healthy should have another monster season.

*Shedeur Sanders Colorado SR QB:  Solid game by him, really does have great poise in the pocket and an outstanding demeanor.  Only real issue with him is what is around him and that odd program at Colorado and the fact he has never not had his dad as a coach on any team he has ever played on.  That might be a problem at the next level but on the field considering his lack of support really in terms of talent around him outside of Hunter and Horn, kid performs and will be one to watch especially next week on the road at Nebraska.  

*Travis Hunter Colorado JR WR/CB:  I have always thought he would end up as a CB in the NFL but maybe not with how good he looked at WR in this one.  That could be just sub par CBs on NDSU but Hunter had one heck of a game.  Also considering his very thin leg build, maybe offense is the way to go, not sure he could take the beating on defense consistently even though he could play CB and start if asked at the next level as well.

*Jalen Buckley Western Michigan RS SOPH RB:  I need to watch him more but seems very promising as a young back.  Good twitch and quickness in the hole, had a great season last year and should be even better this year.  

*Justin Walley Minnesota SR CB:  Liked him last year and he looks even better this year.  Made a few outstanding plays in this one and looks a bit bigger and stronger.  Kid has ball skills and is very smooth in coverage, as a mid round draft pick he could be rock solid.

*Bihal Kone Western Michigan RS SR CB:  Really stood out I thought as a corner, very long and athletic, good fundamentals at the position and active as a tackler and in coverage.  Could be an interesting late round pick and could be a potential riser come draft time, he looks the part.

*Dariel Djabome Rutgers RS SOPH ILB:  Filling in but had some standout plays and strikes for a LB in this game.  Really physically looks the part, if he can put together an entire season like he played in this game he could be a rising star no question.  

*Power Echols UNC SR OLB:  Love the build he has for a linebacker, good run and hit player who is tough and smart.  In the right system in the NFL he could be really solid, has a chance to be good and had a great game in this one.

*Jahvaree Ritzie UNC SR DT:  I need to watch more of him but he did standout getting multiple sacks in this game.  Huge kid and is a great athlete for his size, we will see if he can keep this level of play up as the season goes on.

*Alijah Huzzie UNC RS SR CB:  I liked him in this game, made plays on special teams, made plays in coverage and is a very aware player.  Could be a good pickup late in the draft potentially, kid can play and is part of a greatly improved UNC defensive unit overall.

*Aaron Lewis Rutgers RS SR DE:  I like how strong he is at the point of attack, thick kid with a good build.  Needs to improve as a pass rusher but with how well he holds the edge he will get a shot at the next level, could be a 3/4 DE or a stout 4/3 DE.

*Angelo Grose Michigan State RS SR CB:  Played a really solid game, very active and made tackles all over the field.  Could be a good slot corner potentially and solid late round draft pick.

*Kay'Ron Lynch-Adams Michigan State RS SR RB:  Looked the part in this one, played super motivated and ran with great explosion.  Passionate play by him, it is his sixth year of college football and the third program he has been in, could be his best year of his career potentially.

Others who impressed:

Cam Miller NDSU RS SR QB
Joe Stoffel NDSU RS SR TE
Tate Hallock Western Michigan RS SR S
Samuel Brown V Rutgers JR RB
Khris Bogle Michigan State RS SR DE/OLB
Trevyon Green UNC RS SOPH OT
Jimmy Horn Jr Colorado SR WR
Aidan Chiles Michigan State SOPH QB
Ken Talley Michigan State SOPH DE
Bryson Green Wisconsin RS SR WR
Jordan Hall Michigan State SOPH ILB
Trech Kekahuna Wisconsin FR WR

• Ozzy changed the title to 2025 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking: (Edited 8/31/24) Prospect Standouts

Week 1 Prospect Standouts:

*Peter Woods Clemson SOPH DE/DT:  Super impressed by his play and even on the edge for a legit 300+ pound player.  Very good pass rusher and got into the backfield multiple times, could be another Christian Wilkins with his great versatility on the DL, could be on the edge or inside and should be a total super star.  Rare talent for someone that big to be that good on the edge.  

*Cameron Ward Miami FL RS SR QB:  So calm and comfortable out there, nothing got to him and was spreading the football all over the field.  Super impressive play on the road, was already an NFL prospect but could rise big time after this one.  And Miami could very well go undefeated in the regular season so that will get him plenty of attention.  Looked great though especially with a solid run game and many weapons to throw to.  

*Dylan Raiola Nebraska FR QB:  What a potential star he could be, love how he throws such a good deep ball and is so composed for his age.  Should be a huge season for Nebraska and Raiola is the reason for why there is so much excitement.  Dude is legit like I have said before.  

*Carson Beck Georgia RS SR QB:  Played great, throws the football so well and so accurately.  Spreads the football around and despite not as talented of a group around him still looks the same and he was on his game all the way.  With that type of accuracy and ability to throw the football into tight windows on time and consistently it will be hard to not have him be the #1 pick overall.  He and Georgia do have the hardest schedule they have had in years though so he will be tested, already played Clemson and will play Alabama, Texas, Ole Miss and Tennessee all in the regular season.  Usually that never happens, so will be a test for him and will be a great evaluation not to mention the playoff as well.

*Qua Russaw Alabama RS FR OLB/DE:  Where did this guy come from, amazing play by him as a OLB/DE type.  Looks pretty thick and powerful in the lower body to be a OLB, almost looks like a true 3/4 DE.  Either way provided a great edge pass rush consistently in that game and was very hard to handle, is a must need for that Bama defense and he looks like he could be a problem as the season goes on.

*Drew Allar Penn State JR QB:  Looks far better this year but was against an over matched West Virginia team.  Allar threw the ball far better downfield and more aggressively.  Played with passion also and looks motivated to improve on what was a so so year last season.  Kid looks the part with that massive size and big strong lower body, just a matter of his ability to throw the football consistently now.

*Xavier Restrepo Miami FL RS SR WR:  Wow what a show he put on, such a great route runner with such good feet, made Florida DBs fall down more than once.  Last year showed good route runners will be drafted high in the NFL and Restrepo could be another one.  Could no question be a 3rd or 4th round pick if not higher.  Is consistent and solid at the position with great hands, should have a massive season for Miami.

*Francisco Mauigoa Miami FL SR ILB:  I need to watch him more, kid is an awesome ILB prospect and I love how he can blitz and attack the QB so well.  Big time leader for his program and his draft stock is rising no question and he will be getting a lot more attention as Miami keeps winning.

*Shemar Stewart Texas A&M JR DE:  Wow does he look the part, just a massive kid and carries his almost 300 pound weight very well, huge talent and did play well.  If he plays up to his potential kid could be a super star.  Does need to play more consistent but was a force in this game no question.  Could be a monster 3/4 DE potentially at the next level or a super athletic DT but still does need to get better.  

*Tony Rojas Penn State SOPH LB:  Could be a super star linebacker in the future, love his build and speed for the position and kid is tough.  Should have a monster year for that great Penn State defense this season, kid can play.

*Jalen Milroe Alabama RS JR QB:  Was not against great competition and they did struggle with the snap at times in this one and getting pressured.  But Milore also made some great throws and ran so effortlessly all over the field.  In terms of talent hard to deny what he has and in terms of duel threat he is the best in the country and it is not even close.  In this offensive friendly system now at Bama with DeBoer he should have a monster year.  

*Ryan Williams Alabama FR WR:  Amazing open field speed he showed in this one, maybe it was just awful coverage but when he got the ball he just separated so easily and effortlessly.  Is apparently only 17 years old and will turn 18 in February of this year!  They needed WR help and he might be it, what a weapon.

*Tetairoa McMillan Arizona JR WR:  Kid is a monster and will have a monster year.  What a game he had in this one, should easily be the #1 or #2 WR taken in the up coming draft.  Odd Fisch wanted to leave Arizona with McMillan at WR and that amazing QB, I guess maybe he thought they would just follow him, he was wrong.

*Francis Mauigoa Miami FL SOPH OT:  Love his athletic ability and he is a huge part of the success of Miami, kid can play and could be the best SOPH OT in the country no question.  Is one to watch going forward and the Mauigoa family with those two brothers, huge reason for Miami's success.  

*Keon Sabb Alabama RS SOPH S:  Showed great awareness and ball skills in this one.  Two big interceptions and he is so smooth in coverage.  Safety was a massive need for Bama and getting Sabb if he can stay healthy will help them greatly and help those new corners out a ton.  Kid was good on Michigan last year and looks to be even better this season.  

Others who impressed:

Jaylen Reed Penn State SR S

Mykel Williams Georgia JR DE

Anthonie Knapp Notre Dame FR OT

Tyler Baron Miami FL RS SR DE

Wilkin Formby Alabama RS FR OT

Marcus Ratcliffe Texas A&M  SOPH S

Raylen Wilson Georgia SOPH ILB

Avieon Terrell Clemson SOPH CB

DeMonte Capehart Clemson RS SR DT

Eugene Wilson III Florida SOPH WR

Bryce Anderson Texas A&M JR S

Justice Haynes Alabama JR RB

Jeremiyah Love Notre Dame JR RB

Adam Bock South Dakota State RS SR ILB

DJ Lagway Florida FR QB

Elijah Arroyo Miami FL RS JR TE

Deontae Lawson Alabama RS JR ILB

Malaki Starks Georgia JR

Nate Frazier Georgia FR RB

Disappointed:

Cade Klubnik Clemson JR QB - Really bad game for him, did not throw the football well but also did not have a ton of time or open weapons to go to either.  For a scrambling QB he was not super dangerous either with his legs, no a great showing for him or that Clemson offense.

Donovan Edwards Michigan SR RB - Looks bigger than years before but also looks slower.  Yes totally new OL which is a problem but Edwards is going to have to have a monster season to get drafted highly because the RB group this year could be absolutely massive.  Not a great showing by Edwards in the first game, not sure if he will be able to be the bell cow RB for that team or not this year.  

Tyler Brown Clemson SOPH WR - It was like he was not even on the field, no big explosive plays by him but clearly that entire offense did not play well and was totally over matched in this one.

Jason Marshall Jr Florida SR CB - Expected more out of him but he struggled as did that entire Florida secondary, did not look the part after showing some positive things last season. 

Riley Leonard Notre Dame SR QB - He had a great game in a big win on the road, but his inability to throw the football will be an issue going forward in terms of his pro future.  Love his athletic ability, size and toughness but not being able to throw the football downfield is an issue.  Cam Ward is clearly ahead of him which then might put Leonard more in the 3rd or 4th round category.  

• Like 1

• Ozzy changed the title to 2025 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking: (Edited 9/2/24) Prospect Standouts