Dubz Two cents before combine

Dubz41

On 3/1/2024 at 12:01 PM, NFLGURU said:

Unless somebody slips, I'd be in favor of a trade down.  Once you get past a certain point in this first round, the talent kind of blends together.  At 25, I move down and get more bites of the apple unless somebody fell to 25.

Sweet spots are rounds 2 and 3.  I'm in favor of a trade down and then another trade up from 58 in the 2nd.  Manuever around a bit. Unless of course there is a player that falls in our laps that is just too good to pass up.  Be nice to come away with Nubin and Cooper for example. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2024 at 10:39 PM, Dubz41 said:

Priority is keeping Love clean.  Continuity counts.  Don't want a high priced RB who may or may not fit the locker room.  I only have three CBs who I would take in the first round and they'll probably be gone by 25.  Don't need RAS warriors either, we need some football players who can make plays. 

Modest spending:

Safety Jordan Fuller (Rams)  IDK the cost.  familiar with DC system

Resign three UFAs:

K Nixon   ST, cheap veteran depth  one year $2M

AJ Dillon  won't cost much, will take on much of Deguara's role. good blocker, knows system, will be on STs also.  two years $6.5M

Jonathan Owens  Safety, vet minimum, not great but will provide experience, one of the few guys who would hit someone last year.  Might just be a camp body.

Just the first six picks:

#25-  OT  Jordan Morgan  6'6" 320  Out of Arizona,  Swing to start then competing and pushing Walker.

#41-  LB  Payton Wilson   6'4"  238  NC State, Butkus award winner.  Injury red flag, but stayed healthy last year. 

#58-  S   Javon Bullard   5'10" 200   Georgia   Just got a feeling he is what we're looking for in a Safety,  can play a little slot.  Better pro than college

#88-  CB Max Melton   5'11"   190   Rutgers   wish he was a little more physical, but he can cover.  Raw talent for the CB room

#91-   IOL  Dom Puni    6'4"   320   Kansas   college OT but will be back up G/C for us.  Some Zach Tom vibes from him.

#127-  RB  Ray Davis   5'10"  215   Kentucky   was Mr. Everything for Kentucky, needs work on Pass Pro

Rest of the draft will be lottery picks in the DBs and LBs. And maybe big old fat guy on the DL. 

Two of my favorite sleepers are LB Gibbs from Wyoming, LB Sirmon from Cal

I knew better in February than I do now.  

Two of the first three and just had the wrong LB for the other.

• Like 2