F.A. is a Week Away....who do you like?

Big T

Well F.A. has turned out to be a JD special. He hasn't changed his approach to signing players. So if he wins he's a genius and if the Jets flop, he stuck to his guns in treating F.A. as he has the previous years.

Likewise, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets during the 2024 draft in round one pass on an OL. I know, I know, ARE YOU CRAZY????? Yes for some reason the Jets fill the need on the OL prior to the draft negating the need to draft someone in round 1. Joe is willing to bet he could still get a quality starter in round 3 and or trade a 3rd and a 4th this year and move back into the second round a pick up an O.T.

Outside of the 2022 draft J.D. should have prioritized the OL, granted he drafted 2 O.L. both of which could not stay on the field over their careers missing a total of 4 years combined. Even a guy like Tippmann was a second rounder. 

So expect J.D. to go slow and methodical during the F.A. period and I think having any hope of signing a T.Smith at T is nothing more than a pipe dream IMHO. JD signs F.A. first and foremost that he thinks are ascending players, DJ Reid is a prime example, Lawson was too until the injury bug hit him (a career curse). 

So take a seat, grab yourself the beverage of your liking, and be patient, all our needs may be months away from being finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy how things have turned out, JD must be given some love for the moves he's made and the fact that he didn't hamstring the Jets going into 2025. Likewise if he needs to he can move money around by restructuring some contracts.

Even though he's looking like a candidate for NFL Executive of the Year, still needs to address the O.L. of the future, especially with a draft being characterized as one of the deepest OL drafts in recent memory.

On 3/25/2024 at 8:32 AM, Big T said:

Crazy how things have turned out, JD must be given some love for the moves he's made and the fact that he didn't hamstring the Jets going into 2025. Likewise if he needs to he can move money around by restructuring some contracts.

Even though he's looking like a candidate for NFL Executive of the Year, still needs to address the O.L. of the future, especially with a draft being characterized as one of the deepest OL drafts in recent memory.

He also still has to get rid of Zach Wilson. He has had a great off-season, but he should not sit on his laurels. Get rid of Wilson once and for all.

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

He also still has to get rid of Zach Wilson. He has had a great off-season, but he should not sit on his laurels. Get rid of Wilson once and for all.

I'm not convinced that he has any say over Zach Wilson.

Woody has come out and said that he has a price for ZW and won't accept less. Reportedly, the jets have gone as far as to DECLINE trade offers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, drew39k said:

Woody has come out and said that he has a price for ZW and won't accept less. Reportedly, the jets have gone as far as to DECLINE trade offers.

I am not buying this. Douglas wanted Zach Wilson in 2021. At that time, Woody Johnson would not have known Zach Wilson from Owen Wilson.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, drew39k said:

It’s money driven. The Jets aren’t getting any type of valuable draft pick compensation for Zach Wilson 

4 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I am not buying this. Douglas wanted Zach Wilson in 2021. At that time, Woody Johnson would not have known Zach Wilson from Owen Wilson.

This. Joe Douglas was all in on Zach Wilson, disassociating now doesn’t change that 

• 4 weeks later...