Eagles sign Lb Zach Baun

Baun was a 3rd round pick in 2020. I believe he played well early on his career but would have to fact check that. I have no idea what to expect or what the Eagles expect to get out of him. Hopefully, he can at least provide depth. Pretty underwhelming signing early on in the process but hopefully they make  some more meaningful signings/acquisitions in the next few weeks/months. I assume he is coming on the cheap and I can see why the Eagles were not amped up to sign some of these free agent LBs with the contracts they are receiving. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Baun’s contract is fully guaranteed so they much envision a role for him. He’s not just a body 

Lucky for Baun we’re probably about to trade both of our pass rushers so maybe he’ll get in the rotation on the edge? 

After 1 3 minute YouTube video he definitely seems like a potentially good rotation signing

played edge, stack, and special teams

if he gives you good snaps in relief of huff or the other side that’s a win. He has that potential

1 minute ago, Last Stand said:

After 1 3 minute YouTube video he definitely seems like a potentially good rotation signing

played edge, stack, and special teams

if he gives you good snaps in relief of huff or the other side that’s a win. He has that potential

He was a real Off ball/EDGE tweeter coming out. I think he’s been bounced back and forth in NO.

I wonder where/how they are going to use him 

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He was a real Off ball/EDGE tweeter coming out. I think he’s been bounced back and forth in NO.

I wonder where/how they are going to use him 

The benefit of fangio is his defense has a natural combo of both on the outside. AVG essentially was both and gave you both at the same time. AVG could either pass rush or drop back if needed

• Like 1