- Possible WR depth 

- Possibly QB

WUT?

• Amendola
  • Edelman
  • Cooks
  • Hogan
  • Mitchell

all under contract next season, it's our strongest, deepest position for the 2018 season.

RB is a bigger need, with Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead FA's at the end of this season...

1 hour ago, TomRalph said:

WUT?

• Amendola
  • Edelman
  • Cooks
  • Hogan
  • Mitchell

all under contract next season, it's our strongest, deepest position for the 2018 season.

RB is a bigger need, with Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead FA's at the end of this season...

Tough to say how much Edelman will have in the tank after the ACL injury. I think they take a late-round flier on a slot WR.

I also think it's entirely possible that they double-dip at the QB position. If ever there was a draft to do it, it's this one.

2 hours ago, TomRalph said:

WUT?

• Amendola
  • Edelman
  • Cooks
  • Hogan
  • Mitchell

Edelman coming off injury, Amendola not even as a roster lock this offseason, Mitchell’s inability to stay healthy, etc. If all goes perfect, sure, the position is fine. Edelman will be back 100%, Amendola won’t show his age/stay healthy, Hogan will return, Mitchell will stay healthy, and Cooks will be even better. I’m not sure it shakes out that way, though.

With the likes of Dorsett and Britt getting legitimate snaps in a game, I can definitely see WR needing some depth. 

On 1/3/2018 at 2:33 PM, TomRalph said:

WUT?

• Amendola
  • Edelman
  • Cooks
  • Hogan
  • Mitchell

Amendola is a free agent.

Edelman is coming back from ACL 

Hogan and Mitchell have shown very very very very little in the way of staying healthy and being reliable. That leaves Cooks who is entering his last year on his contract.  While I don't think we're in 2013 mode, I think WR depth is a very fair thing to be looking out for.   We've played most of this season with Cooks and zombie Amendola.   I'd look to add one more body- because I don't think anyone expects Dorsett/Britt to be sticking around.  

Maybe if you are counting on Bennett being here next season (I'm not), then you can argue with Gronk/Bennett you're good enough at receiver to get by.  But coupled with our WRs, both Gronk and Bennett aren't exactly pillars of stability and health and reliability.  

Archived