Tyron Smith signing with Jets

textaz03

17 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

It is rather tiresome. Makes it pretty to find another team or anything for that matter more appealing.

Over the past 10 years or so… my mentality about watching football has totally changed.  The cowboys are still my favorite team.  I want them to win.  But, I care a lot more about my fantasy teams than the cowboys.  For example, I had Tua as my starting qb most of the year.  I enjoyed watching dolphin games (not a dolphins fan) as much as the cowboys.  I also realize that everything I loved about the cowboys is gone and as long as the marketing trumps the sport itself… we will never get back to what they once were.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Over the past 10 years or so… my mentality about watching football has totally changed.  The cowboys are still my favorite team.  I want them to win.  But, I care a lot more about my fantasy teams than the cowboys.  For example, I had Tua as my starting qb most of the year.  I enjoyed watching dolphin games (not a dolphins fan) as much as the cowboys.  I also realize that everything I loved about the cowboys is gone and as long as the marketing trumps the sport itself… we will never get back to what they once were.

I find myself in much the same state most Sundays come September. A good portion of the above is why the Dak debate holds zero relevance to me. Keep him, replace him and I doubt the results change. Some will just feel better if it’s done with a cheaper QB. 

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I find myself in much the same state most Sundays come September. A good portion of the above is why the Dak debate holds zero relevance to me. Keep him, replace him and I doubt the results change. Some will just feel better if it’s done with a cheaper QB. 

Gentlemen there was a time when I wouldn't miss a down of a Cowboys game.  Now if they are televised and I have time I'll watch.  If I miss a game it's no big deal.  I do enjoy the posters and this forum.  Like Slam, I'll always be a fan and I want them to win, but it's hard for me to invest much in the team.  It's such a circus.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2024 at 9:59 AM, MaddHatter said:

Tyler Smith started most of his snaps at LT so it seems like Dallas has a transition plan, for sure.  It seems that in a deep class of great OT's, they plan to either let a great LT fall to them at 24 and keep Smith inside, forming another dominant duo for the next decade. OR, perhaps a strong RT/G falls, then they kick Smith out and maybe move Steele inside and use the RT outside, or maybe they have JPJ or Barton and draft a C and use one of the 5 depth IOL guys they have to slide over to Guard.  Or maybe they find a Guard in the 3rd round and draft a strong WR, RB, CB or LB depending on how the draft falls.

At this point, there are plenty of options to solidify the OL, but I agree it would be nice if we improved some of our holes during FA

I don't disagree with anything you've said but I will still say that Dallas doesn't think too far ahead.  It seems like their hand gets forced a lot.  Maybe I'm being too nitpicky but it is frustrating supporting this club.