MAN ON THE RUN (DAY 3 OF FA MOCK V4.0)

Karnage84

It is just a personal preference but I would love to see Tip Reiman rather than Theo Johnson if we draft at TE.  He went from a walk-on to a scholarship player and Team Captain.  He checks in at 6'5, 271 Lbs and might have room to grow into a LT.  He also managed to clock a 1.55/4.64 40 and a 10'1" broadjump.  Interestingly enough, from a physical perspective, he almost a clone of Dan Campbell.  You have to appreciate Dan Campbell and company drafting Dan Campbell 2.0.  I suspect he would be a player no LBO or DB wants to tackle in a cold-weather game.

Edited by Just Want A Title

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Watched more Josh Wallace clips. Being a Michigan fan I watched him a lot but think I lost him in all the other stellar defenders.

I think he will sneak into the top 160 ish picks. 

I haven't updated the mock to the latest version. 

I do like him and he definitely could rise up a bit, 

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

It is just a personal preference but I would love to see Tip Reiman rather than Theo Johnson if we draft at TE.  He went from a walk-on to a scholarship player and Team Captain.  He checks in at 6'5, 271 Lbs and might have room to grow into a LT.  He also managed to clock a 1.55/4.64 40 and a 10'1" broadjump.  Interestingly enough, from a physical perspective, he almost a clone of Dan Campbell.  You have to appreciate Dan Campbell and company drafting Dan Campbell 2.0.  I suspect he would be a player no LBO or DB wants to tackle in a cold-weather game.

Reiman probably doesn't move to LT as he has 32 7/8 arms. Maybe he could add 20 lbs and play OC? I'd also consider asking him to drop 5 - 10 lbs and play around 260 - 265.  There's a lot of positives in terms of his testing. I'd have to look more into him and his on field production. The consensus board has him at pick 181, so he's right in line at 5th - 6th round. 

He grades out as 60.1 OVR; 61.3 REC; 65.1 PBLK; 54.6 RBLK.

I had higher expectations for a guy at 271 as a run blocker. 

7 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Where do you think he lands now? 

I guess we have to kind of determine what we're trying to answer - are we trying to project where players will go or are we trying to project who the good players will be? 

The consensus board currently has him at #305 (UDFA). I like him more than Johnny Dixon which the consensus board has at 168. So he's probably going to go somewhere in that range unless he blows up his pro day. I like him as a player and think he'll be one of the better ones that will come out of that range. 

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I guess we have to kind of determine what we're trying to answer - are we trying to project where players will go or are we trying to project who the good players will be? 

The consensus board currently has him at #305 (UDFA). I like him more than Johnny Dixon which the consensus board has at 168. So he's probably going to go somewhere in that range unless he blows up his pro day. I like him as a player and think he'll be one of the better ones that will come out of that range. 

Well By that theory my top 160 isn't far off with Dixon comment 

7 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Well By that theory my top 160 isn't far off with Dixon comment 

Yeah, I think you're right. 

I'm working through my sheet and tracking ADP vs pick from previous draft classes. Just to see if there's anything that could be picked up in the process. 

I haven't gotten to the CB's just yet but I have seen many cases where the player is within a handful of picks from their ADP and then others with jumps of 80+ spots (ex. UDFA grade that gets drafted in the 5th). 

15 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Watched more Josh Wallace clips. Being a Michigan fan I watched him a lot but think I lost him in all the other stellar defenders.

I think he will sneak into the top 160 ish picks. 

Wallace is one that I actually like a lot for our system.  Very solid zone CB, one of the best against the run, and pretty good in man.  I agree he goes higher than a lot of the consensus picks have him.  Maybe not top 160 but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if he goes in the top 100.  I think he is better than a lot of CB's currently listed ahead of him. I actually like him more than Sainristil.