2024 MLB Gameday Thread

Thelonebillsfan

I have never seen a front office self sabotage a team in the midst of a division race like the Yankees have this season.

What is going on, and has been going on is absolutely disgusting.

Alex Verdugo has been horrendous since June. He has an OPS in the .500s, and is bottom 3 in every major offensive metric amongst left fielders in that time period.

DJLM has been even worse if that’s possible, and yet he plays consistently as well. Last I checked he was hitting .150 against lefties, and they are playing him as a platoon player…against lefties!!!! On top of that he’s had costly errors in the field as well.

All of this while Jasson Dominguez who is “untouchable” in trades is sitting in AAA….all to protect Verdugo who has 0.0% chance of being re signed in three months anyways.

I haven’t even gotten to Clay Holmes…. 11!!! Blown saves. Consistently in trouble even when he does convert an opportunity. They tell us “he’s pitching well…it’s right in front of him.” I’ve heard “who else do they have?” ANYBODY… give someone else a shot over Holmes…he’s completely demoralized.

Another incredible Judge season…and one with Soto completely wasted due to self negligence.