2024 MLB Gameday Thread

Thelonebillsfan

28 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

One nationally televised game on opening day, embarrassing.

That stuck out to me as well.  I realize they are competing with March Madness and all, but MLB still should have made more of an effort.

19 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

That stuck out to me as well.  I realize they are competing with March Madness and all, but MLB still should have made more of an effort.

They're about to eat a historic amount of **** on the next TV deal, and they know it. ESPN is done with them because the league has been treating terrestrial TV like **** and surprise, it's gonna backfire with every report (and personal scuttlebutt I've heard first hand) that they're going to lose a ton of money on the next TV deal.

What a day from Corbin Burnes- he allowed one home run to Mike Trout- but struck out 11 and didn’t allow another base runner over six innings.  The Orioles offense was absolutely on fire today.  Another great Opening Day in Baltimore. 

Also, I realize it’s Opening Day, and there’s a lot of inexperience in that Angels lineup (including two guys who were rushed to the majors) but no other starter got a hit in the game.  This is not going to be a good year for the Angels.  

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, I realize it’s Opening Day, and there’s a lot of inexperience in that Angels lineup (including two guys who were rushed to the majors) but no other starter got a hit in the game.  This is not going to be a good year for the Angels.  

It most certainly will not be.  Every other team in that division is solid.  #freemiketrout

Also, pretty awesome that the Cubs already lost Justin Steele for awhile.  Sigh.

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Holmes was begging to blow this game but we actually have a good defense and some luck!

Yeah...he'd pitched a lot this series and his stuff was flat - but I love the competitive stance of Boone....who in years past would have posted a "Well, we've won the series already so let give the guys a rest..." lineup. Not this time...he went for the sweep. The starters were good and the bullpen was lights out. When we get all our guys swinging/hitting right...this could be fun.

Soto was a beast as was Cabrera of all people. I could get used to this :)