2024 MLB Gameday Thread

Thelonebillsfan

On 4/24/2024 at 8:55 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Its about time, but a rough start for him.  He has been red hot so far. Mayo should be close behind but there is nowhere for him to play.  Maybe they send Holiday back down with his struggles but other than that where would they play him?  Tough situation for you guys lol.    We will take Mayo off your hands for Manning and some relievers.  

Will be interesting to see which prospects are next.  James Wood seems like he is on the cusp and Skenes obviously should be up in May.  

PCA 

Dont want to say it was the ump, but curious to see Corbin Burnes and Craig Kimbrel throw a ton of balls against the Athletics.  Burnes was over 33 balls when he left the game, and Kimbrel threw nearly double the amount of balls versus strikes.  

Maybe it was Kimbrel losing the zone, which I thought it was while sitting at the game, but on the way home, I thought umpire but also I thought……why the hell aren’t pitchers like Burnes and Kimbrel just attacking a terrible offense like Oakland?  No reason why Kimbrel should have struggled that much.  Burnes was trying to paint when he should have been attacking.  

Maybe I’m overreacting because this is baseball, and it’s a 162 game season, but damn, that was a tough loss to sit through.  

I will also say this…..Mason Miller is going to be a dude if he can stay on the mound and his arm doesnt fall off.  Literally, every pitch was 100 or 101.  Slider 86-90.  I don’t think you maintain that as a starter, but you could easily deploy him as a 2-3 inning guy in the back of the pen.  Hopefully he is behind all of his arm trouble. 

On 4/27/2024 at 9:48 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

Dont want to say it was the ump, but curious to see Corbin Burnes and Craig Kimbrel throw a ton of balls against the Athletics.  Burnes was over 33 balls when he left the game, and Kimbrel threw nearly double the amount of balls versus strikes.  

Maybe it was Kimbrel losing the zone, which I thought it was while sitting at the game, but on the way home, I thought umpire but also I thought……why the hell aren’t pitchers like Burnes and Kimbrel just attacking a terrible offense like Oakland?  No reason why Kimbrel should have struggled that much.  Burnes was trying to paint when he should have been attacking.  

Maybe I’m overreacting because this is baseball, and it’s a 162 game season, but damn, that was a tough loss to sit through.  

Libka is one of the best in the game. Here is his scorecard for the game

Only 2 strikes that were called balls all game, so they were just missing

• Like 1

Can’t beat Oakland in a series because of Craig Kimbrel being hurt/losing the strike zone, but can beat the Yankees 2-0 and lock it down with the rest of the bullpen after Grayson Rodriguez struggles with the strike zone.  

Gotta love baseball.  At least I got an Aaron Judge warmup ball tossed up to me last night from him.  My new outfield seats are pretty nice.  

• Like 2

Never underestimate the power of a revenge game, man.  I realize the Cardinals are really bad offensively right now, but Jack Flaherty is channeling his inner Kerry Wood with 13 Ks through 6 and only at 74 pitches.

There’s really nothing worse than being an Angels fan. This is a bottom 3-5 team in the league and the farm system is dreadful. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Forgot to mention this yesterday before the game, but the Nationals being a .500 ballclub 28 games into the season is a pleasant surprise. 

With almost none of their top prospects up.  Also, getting some good early returns from pitching.  Did they make some changes in the development system this past off-season?