Rashee Rice Thread

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I mean getting into an argument with paparazzi isn’t a big deal. Hitting one though is another thing entirely and likely breaks his bail.

My issue is the situation he’s putting himself in. And by doing so the situations he’s putting KC in.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I was curious about what Florio/Sims talk about here. He may not be suspended by the start of the season, but food this incident prompt him heading to the Exempt List. Protecting the league, while the legal process happens. Since obviously he can’t be counted on to control himself at this point.

The other thing they brought up, which may be particularly damming for Rice is the mention of an incident at SMU, that may have been handled internally. This could impact the idea of “first issue” when it comes to the 8 charges pending and the discipline there. At this point for due to his actions, I think the NFL will put him on the Exempt List and that could be why we haven’t seen KC take action yet in terms of cutting him. Exempt List only costs them money, and they can wait for the legal system to play out, no matter how long that takes.

Edited by EMAW_KSU

The word this morning was counter to the narrative of the previous day. There appears to be doubt that the photographer was ever struck, much less that Rice did it. 

We will have to see how this plays. The other party to all of this appears capable of creating a scene from thin air. We saw that with Tyreek Hill's ex-girlfriend.

So, I was thinking about this, if there’s no movement in the case by training camp, does the league put him on the Exempt list (I think yes to protect the league, their image), then wait for a decision legally before de do g in the suspension if there’s no jail time.

In this way the league could in essence suspend him with pay, then suspend him without.  I don’t know if you’re able to do anything about being on the Commissioner’s list. Could this be a plausible way we see him out most if not all season?

3 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

So, I was thinking about this, if there’s no movement in the case by training camp, does the league put him on the Exempt list (I think yes to protect the league, their image), then wait for a decision legally before de do g in the suspension if there’s no jail time.

In this way the league could in essence suspend him with pay, then suspend him without.  I don’t know if you’re able to do anything about being on the Commissioner’s list. Could this be a plausible way we see him out most if not all season?

Doubtful. Goodell said they'll let the legal process play out, and Rapaport reported that there's been no discussion of putting him on the list. They'd also very likely lose an appeal on the second suspension, in that case. They got shut down for suspending Ray Rice twice for the same offense.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Doubtful. Goodell said they'll let the legal process play out, and Rapaport reported that there's been no discussion of putting him on the list. They'd also very likely lose an appeal on the second suspension, in that case. They got shut down for suspending Ray Rice twice for the same offense.

I wasn’t meaning actually suspending him twice. Rather he’s out on Commissioners except list, then gets suspended so it’s like a longer/second suspension. Sorry for the confusion. I don’t know if it has or hasn’t been discussed, I think they’re hoping something happens prior.

40 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I wasn’t meaning actually suspending him twice. Rather he’s out on Commissioners except list, then gets suspended so it’s like a longer/second suspension. Sorry for the confusion. I don’t know if it has or hasn’t been discussed, I think they’re hoping something happens prior.

No, my point is that an appeal would argue that that is suspending him twice, while just naming it two different things. Keep in mind how this worked with Justyn Ross last year:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39071529/chiefs-wr-justyn-ross-suspended-6-games-5-already-served

4 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I’m sure it won’t be, but if that is how it plays out, their fine should be significantly higher. A suspension without losing pay is legitimately just a vacation.

Again, actually read what I linked happened with Ross. He was on Commissioner's List for 5 weeks, they decided to suspend him for 6, so he only missed one more week, and they took 6 games worth of salary, most of it just came retroactively.

47 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

This smells of set-up. 

I agree, but again, kids gotta be smarter than putting himself in these situations. And before someone says, “Is he supposed to act like a hermit?” Yes, until everything is figured out, just sit your behind at home, in your mansion…and don’t beat your wife and kid.