Rashee Rice Thread

8 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Zero is unnecessarily harsh.

That this is the first such offense matters a lot. Stupid is a lot different from willful disregard. The state will be more interested in getting him off the streets and into counseling than adding an inmate to an overcrowded system. 

See this article.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/defense_attorney_reveals_expected_result_for_chiefs_rashee_rice/s1_17150_40224072

Defense attorney Drew Davenport says that prison is

Unlikely. The charges are serious, but keep in mind the biggest factor in any criminal case – what is your history? I don’t remember Rice having any prior criminal or traffic history. That matters. A lot.

Just checking on whether you think it was stupid or willful disregard. I have my opinion.

Can't link the tweet at the moment, and I hesitate to trust Florio, but they're reporting that Rice was going 119 mph at the time of the accident.

Yeah, he might be going to jail.

EDIT: Dallas Morning News reported it first, I believe.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2024/04/12/kansas-city-chiefs-rashee-rice-drove-119-mph-seconds-before-crash-per-police/

So, anyone want to argue that Justin Watson is a good enough #2 WR?

Drew Davenport (fantasy football/defense attorney guy Chiefer referenced on the last page) still seems to think this doesn't really make a difference one way or another. I dunno. I just can't imagine going that fast.

50 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Drew Davenport (fantasy football/defense attorney guy Chiefer referenced on the last page) still seems to think this doesn't really make a difference one way or another. I dunno. I just can't imagine going that fast.

I did 250 km/h (155 mph) once. You can do that legally in Germany. The highway gets kind of narrow then  ..
Oh, and that was without any other traffic on the road ...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

I did 250 km/h (155 mph) once. You can do that legally in Germany. The highway gets kind of narrow then  ..

My father was stationed in Germany during Vietnam and wrecked his Corvette (that he was just about to ship back) on one of the roads with no speed limit lol

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Can't link the tweet at the moment, and I hesitate to trust Florio, but they're reporting that Rice was going 119 mph at the time of the accident.

That’s how fast I got up to when I ran the 40… anyway, I’d like to welcome the newcomers to the sad and disappointed club. While I’m sure there’s science involved, unless he told them, it’s an estimated speed.  At minimum, this doesn’t help plea bargain, and don’t help the Court of public opinion.

To me the entire thing hinges on what kind of example they chose to make because they fled the scene. I’ve said my piece on that, there’s no arguing that these two drivers deserve anything they are charged with, and more.  Rashee in turn deserves whatever penalty the league places on him. Honestly, if he wants people to believe he’s learned anything about just how lucky he is, he should not appeal at all. Own it. IF, he is lucky enough to play again.

9 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Stupid. Definitely stupid. 

That’s what I assumed.  For me it’s both.  Faded or not, and I think we’re all kind kind of assume he was in an altered state of some sort.  Those young individuals (not calling them men at this point) made a choice to see the damage they’d caused and go the other direction disregarding the impact they could have had, hoping to save their own rear ends.  

On 4/12/2024 at 3:07 PM, KC_Guy said:

Should I wear a helmet for protection?