2024 NFL draft- Day 1

5 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I didn't know Terrion Arnold came to Alabama as a Safety.  He just turned 21 years old.  He can play press-man pretty well.  He is really good at mirroring and staying in-phase with the receiver.  He reminds me a lot Tre'Davious White except he tackles better.  This fills a big hole in our CB room.  

His tackling has been listed all over as a CON.

His closing speed is his best asset imo 

• 11.% missed tackle rate in 2023, per TruMedia

Edited by detfan782004

13 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

The Lions might try to move off 61 to recoup some draft capital.  Still, if they stay at 61 and get another impact player it would be tough to complain.

Zach Frazier would be my guess. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

His tackling has been listed all over as a CON.

His closing speed is his best asset imo 

• 11.% missed tackle rate in 2023, per TruMedia

I didn't do much research on him because I didn't think the Lions would have a shot at him.  It seems like he as quite a bit of upside.  

Just now, Louis Friend said:

I love Pearsall. Love his grit, hands and toughness. Reminds me of ARSB in those ways. But in the first? 

You thought I was joking about Pearsall getting 1st round love.  I like him as well.  He is going to the perfect offense for his skills.

Just now, Just Want A Title said:

I didn't do much research on him because I didn't think the Lions would have a shot at him.  It seems like he as quite a bit of upside.  

He’s a great CB prospect. Not as naturally gifted as a guy like KoolAid but he works hard, does all the little things and has no quit in him. He fits the culture like a glove. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

He does. He's still young. 

Biggest issue I foresee is penalties. He gets way grabby so he has to tamper that down