2024 NFL draft- Day 1

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

We didn’t have much else to give. Just wish we would have got a 5th back or something.  Maybe we trade back with our 2nd and add a couple picks. 

Yes maybe 

I think he's a good fit for this defense though 

2 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I suspect they wanted to jump GB, TB, and Arizona for Arnold.

If you said before the draft you can get Arnold for a 3rd, I think a lot of us would've done that.

Depends. With Koolaide still there and others I don't know I would have. 

8 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

We didn’t have much else to give. Just wish we would have got a 5th back or something.  Maybe we trade back with our 2nd and add a couple picks. 

Apparently we got back a 2025 7th. 

I don’t mind the trade, Brad loves to move around. He can find the picks if he wants to draft someone. 

Guess that “classified” info had more truth to it than expected. 

7 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Depends. With Koolaide still there and others I don't know I would have. 

Agreed. I’m guessing we had Arnold as a top 5-10 player and the next CB was much lower. I would have been ok with him, Koolaide, or Dejean as well as Robinson or Newton so maybe we didn’t need to trade up. But they must really like him and likely have good inside info with Branch being in house. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Agreed. I’m guessing we had Arnold as a top 5-10 player and the next CB was much lower. I would have been ok with him, Koolaide, or Dejean as well as Robinson or Newton so maybe we didn’t need to trade up. But they must really like him and likely have good inside info with Branch being in house. 

Yes I don't hate the pick. Just could have been fine if we didn't move up as well. 

I think given who was sitting her at 29 I would have been good either way 

Got the best corner in draft imo and personally I have him in a tier by himself above Mitchel, Kool Aid, DeJean and Wiggins who are more grouped together.  Absolutely love the player. 

High 3rd seemed a bit much to move up that few spots but it actually isn’t bad according to tvc.  If you told me they gave up that 3rd to move up higher and got same player I would have been thrilled.

Just as a draft junky not having a 3rd or 4th is disappointing from an entertainment standpoint 

• Like 2

I didn't know Terrion Arnold came to Alabama as a Safety.  He just turned 21 years old.  He can play press-man pretty well.  He is really good at mirroring and staying in-phase with the receiver.  He reminds me a lot Tre'Davious White except he tackles better.  This fills a big hole in our CB room.  

• Like 1