UDFA

11 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Lions signed a LS. We already had Scott Daly and Jake McQuaide is a current FA. 

Scott Daly is coming off of a knee injury also.  That shouldn't hinder him much as a LS but I like the fact that the Lions create legitimate competition at every position.

13 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Who’s available? Who signs with the Lions? 

Add them as you see them. 

UDFA:

1. WR Jalon Calhoun Duke

2. DE Isaac Ukwu Ole Miss 

3. C Duke Clemens UCLA $60k gtd 

4. OL Bryan Hudson Louisville

5. LB Steele Chambers OSU

6. WR Isaiah Williams Illinois $225k gtd 

7. LB/S DaRon Gilbert Northern Illinois

8. TE Isaac Rex BYU

9. LS Hogan Hatten Idaho 

10. S Chelen Garnes Wake Forest 

11. K Harrison Mervis Missouri 

12. EDGE Nate Lynn William&Mary

13. NB Morice Norris Jr. Fresno State 

Harrison Mevis signed with the Panthers:

Missouri kicker Harrison Mevis agrees to UDFA deal with Carolina Panthers - On3

Early guesses on UDFA's either making the active roster and/or PS

• Isaiah Williams, WR/Returner - $240k guaranteed money
  • Morice Norris, SCB, Fresno State: Feisty player that excels in man
  • Nate Lynn, Edge, William & Mary: Second most production in FCS; undersized but could be James Houston insurance
  • Bryan Hudson, OL, Louisville
  • Steele Chambers, LB, Ohio State: JRM's future replacement on ST

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Early guesses on UDFA's either making the active roster and/or PS

• Isaiah Williams, WR/Returner - $240k guaranteed money
  • Morice Norris, SCB, Fresno State: Feisty player that excels in man
  • Nate Lynn, Edge, William & Mary: Second most production in FCS; undersized but could be James Houston insurance
  • Bryan Hudson, OL, Louisville
  • Steele Chambers, LB, Ohio State: JRM's future replacement on ST

Dang!  Willam & Mary is becoming a football pipeline for the Lions.

An interesting thing - under Coach Saban the Lions have drafted Terrion Arnold, Jahmyr Gibbs, Brian Branch, Jameson Williams.

It'll be interesting to see if Bama players hold the same interest level for Holmes under the new HC. If not, which program will he lean more into. 

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

An interesting thing - under Coach Saban the Lions have drafted Terrion Arnold, Jahmyr Gibbs, Brian Branch, Jameson Williams.

It'll be interesting to see if Bama players hold the same interest level for Holmes under the new HC. If not, which program will he lean more into. 

For me it's Iowa until shown otherwise as that's their other school they dip into a lot and take hard look at players. 

3 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

For me it's Iowa until shown otherwise as that's their other school they dip into a lot and take hard look at players. 

The thing that makes Iowa players so valuable is that Coach Ferentz won't let his players on the field until they are fundamentally/technically sound.  His program doesn't always produce pro bowlers but Iowa players tend to be very pro-ready.

Edited by Just Want A Title

Just now, Just Want A Title said:

The thing that makes Iowa players so valuable is that Coach Leferentz won't let his players on the field until they are fundamentally/technically sound.  His program doesn't always produce pro bowlers but Iowa players tend to be very pro-ready.

Yea I grew up in Iowa and tons of family still there. Major Iowa fans so they are like a team I don't hate. Spent a good majority of my life in Iowa and actually played my 6-9 grades of football there. 

The theme a lot of coach's at the lower level emulates the Iowa way.

They are gritty. Not flashy. Technically sound 

15 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

15 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

The thing that makes Iowa players so valuable is that Coach Ferentz won't let his players on the field until they are fundamentally/technically sound.  His program doesn't always produce pro bowlers but Iowa players tend to be very pro-ready.

In his press conference, Holmes had mentioned [about Alabama] about how there is alignment with their program under Saban and the Lions' organization. The way that the players are developed, the culture of the organization, how they practice, etc. all seem to be considered key positives. 

I was looking at their updated UDFA list and saw Cade Peterson from GVSU.  He actually has an interesting blend of size and stats.  I get the feeling he will at least make it to training camp.  We could do worse than take a flier on a 6'4" 220LB small school QB.  I can't find much on him with respect to draft profiles except one or two places mentioning that he has a live arm.

Edited by Just Want A Title