Who are some of your other wants?

Umanmielen - DE Ole Miss

Prather- WR Maryland 

Banks- WR Nebraska 

Jones - DE LSU

Lachey - TE Iowa 

Crippen - C Michigan 

KJ Jefferson QB  Central Florida 

I was literally coming on here to post something like this... well played.. well played.

EDGE (ACCORDING TO NFL DRAFT BUZZ)

1. James Pearce Jr, Tennessee - 6'5, 242 lbs
  2. Nic Scourton, Purdue - 6'4, 280 lbs
  3. JT Tuimoloau, Ohio State - 6'4, 270 lbs
  4. Landon Jackson, Arkansas - 6'7, 281 lbs
  5. Princey Umanmielen, Florida - 6'5, 255 lbs
  6. Jack Sawyer, Ohio State - 6'4, 265 lbs
  7. Aeneas Peebles, Duke - 6'2, 280 lbs (listed at DT)
  8. Mykel Williams, Georgia - 6'5, 265 lbs
  9. Tyleik Williams, Ohio State - 6'2, 290 lbs
  10. Patrick Payton, Florida State - 6'5, 239 lbs

After drafting Wingo, we'll see how much of a need a new 5T is going to be. There's a few players in this list that we chatted about before the declaration list was completed. 

IDL

1. Mason Graham, Michigan - 6'3, 318 lbs
  2. Deone Walker, Kentucky - 6'6, 348 lbs
  3. Dontay Corleone, Cincinnati - 6'2, 318 lbs
  4. Thor Griffith, Harvard - 6'2, 305 lbs
  5. Jaheim Oatis, Alabama - 6'5, 320 lbs
  6. Nazir Stackhouse, Georgia - 6'3, 320 lbs
  7. Kenneth Grant, Michigan - 6'3, 339 lbs
  8. Bear Alexander, USC - 6'3, 305 lbs
  9. Jamaree Caldwell, Oregon - 6'1, 320 lbs
  10. Tim Smith, Alabama - 6'4, 302 lbs

Alim should be the next in line for a big deal (outside of Jared) as a foundational piece. Reader is a short term option. We'll see what happens with Brodric Martin. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Who are some of your targets in 2025?

I'm starting on that right now. 

I was very high on Landon Jackson before he went back to school. I haven't done much work on the IDL's. 

I've started on WR's - Egbuka is currently my WR1. He's really smooth. 

I've watched tape on the top guys according to Draft Buzz - Luther Burden, McMillan, etc. Burden feels like the YAC king but it's going to be a lot of designed screens, quick slants, etc. He's built like a RB at 5'11, 208 lbs (allegedly). Jerand Bradley felt like a contested catch guy a) because of his size and b) he didn't have the athleticism to gain separation

Will Sheppard in Colorado is going to be interesting. 

One thing that I've thought about is looking at the WR's tagged with the top QB's. 

7 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Landon Jackson on your list is a a beast. I need to read up on him 

I was very high on him and was hoping he'd be a Lion in this years draft. 

This years (2024's) edge class was obviously not highly regarded. It'll be interesting to see how next year's class is viewed. 

Assuming they ball out, trade up for Emeka Egbuka…….or defensively, mason graham.

this team is at the point where it’s pretty much built on both sides of the ball and they are in a position to go get the few guys that could put them over the top into elite, Super Bowl contention every year territory. A guy like Egbuka or Graham would put this offense/defense into rarified air…..we have what? 9 picks next year? We won’t need all of them

Edited by Miblue

2 minutes ago, Miblue said:

Assuming he balls out, trade up for Emeka Egbuka.

this team is at the point where it’s pretty much built on both sides of the ball and they are in a position to go get the few guys that could put them over the top into elite, Super Bowl contention every year territory. A guy like Egbuka would put this offense into rarified air. 

He would be like 23 part of way through his rookie season and while over 6 feet still undersized for the big body WR they truly need.

Holmes has a pattern of taking younger players in the draft 

13 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

He would be like 23 part of way through his rookie season and while over 6 feet still undersized for the big body WR they truly need.

Holmes has a pattern of taking younger players in the draft 

Jack Campbell turned 23 last August before his rookie season. Sam Laporta turned 23 during his rookie season. Josh Paschal turned 23 during his rookie season. Levi Onwuzurike was 23 when we drafted him. I don't think there is a pattern of taking younger players, some of them just happen to be young.   

Egbuka is 6'1", 205lbs.  Same weight as Reynolds but a little shorter.  Reynolds wasn't one to use his height or big body to make catches anyways so not sure size is important for filling that role. That being said I don't think I would trade up for Egbuka but if he is there I think he is on the early list of top WRs that will be available. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Jack Campbell turned 23 last August before his rookie season. Sam Laporta turned 23 during his rookie season. Josh Paschal turned 23 during his rookie season. Levi Onwuzurike was 23 when we drafted him. I don't think there is a pattern of taking younger players, some of them just happen to be young.   

Egbuka is 6'1", 205lbs.  Same weight as Reynolds but a little shorter.  Reynolds wasn't one to use his height or big body to make catches anyways so not sure size is important for filling that role. That being said I don't think I would trade up for Egbuka but if he is there I think he is on the early list of top WRs that will be available. 

Fair points. Just not the same kind of talent as Harrison 

23 minutes ago, Miblue said:

Assuming they ball out, trade up for Emeka Egbuka…….or defensively, mason graham.

this team is at the point where it’s pretty much built on both sides of the ball and they are in a position to go get the few guys that could put them over the top into elite, Super Bowl contention every year territory. A guy like Egbuka or Graham would put this offense/defense into rarified air…..we have what? 9 picks next year? We won’t need all of them

The issue going forward will be keeping guys here.  Next year we will have Decker come off the books if he doesn't get an extension as well as McNeil, Iffy, Barnes, Mosely, DPJ, Houston, Onwuzurike, as well as a bunch of depth guys and some cut candidates due to cap issues (Anzelone, Raymond, Monty, Amik).  So finding cheap replacements or keeping the guys here that should stay like Alim will be important and make the draft next year very important.  

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm starting on that right now. 

I was very high on Landon Jackson before he went back to school. I haven't done much work on the IDL's. 

I've started on WR's - Egbuka is currently my WR1. He's really smooth. 

I've watched tape on the top guys according to Draft Buzz - Luther Burden, McMillan, etc. Burden feels like the YAC king but it's going to be a lot of designed screens, quick slants, etc. He's built like a RB at 5'11, 208 lbs (allegedly). Jerand Bradley felt like a contested catch guy a) because of his size and b) he didn't have the athleticism to gain separation

Will Sheppard in Colorado is going to be interesting. 

One thing that I've thought about is looking at the WR's tagged with the top QB's. 

I have been watching Deone Walker since he started playing at Kentucky.  There is no way someone that big should move as well as he moves despite the fact that he is still developing.  He is pretty good against the run and notched 7.5 sacks in 2023 which is surprising for someone his size.  He also seems to play with a nasty demeanor and happens to be from Detroit.  If he continues to improve his hand usage and leverage, he is going to high on the board for a lot of teams.  I could see the Lions going after him.  DJ Reader is on a 2-year deal.  There is no guarantee that we will be able to sign Alim McNeil to an extension.  

I suspect Brodric Martin will take a significant step forward with Terrell Williams our D-Line coach.  Pairing Deone Walker with Brodric Martin would wreck just about any running game plans and most cause major problems in the passing game.  If the Lions managed to get him it would be an absolute steal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Fair points. Just not the same kind of talent as Harrison 

Definitely not the same talent as Harrison but not many are as prospects. But I would say he is in that next tier of WR prospect this year or alongside Wilson/Olave/JSN in previous years from OSU.