How much is Dak Prescott worth on the open market?

4 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

Dallas declined Trey's 5th year option so he's a Free Agent next year. 

They can just sign him to a 1 year deal, he has no leverage to make as much as the 5th year option.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's not coaching, it's Dakota (I Choke in the Biggest Moments ) Prescott.

Dak does need to do a better job covering receivers and tackling ball carriers. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TVScout said:

Dak does need to do a better job covering receivers and tackling ball carriers. 

I agree, throwing Dak 6's will cost you Wins all the time!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Dak gets an obscene amount of hate. Is it because he's a Cowboy?

Largely. That started in 1995 when Jerry violated the norms by signing that independent marketing agreement with Nike.

The goings on starting at the 1:20 minute pint has stoked paranoia in Cowboy nation that the league is biased against the team off the field and on:

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I agree, throwing Dak 6's will cost you Wins all the time!

A defense giving up 6 TDs in three quarters will lose the game every time. Packers could have scored 60 points in that game. What is Dak to do? Throw 10 TD passes?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TVScout said:

A defense giving up 6 TDs in three quarters will lose the game every time. Packers could have scored 60 points in that game. What is Dak to do? Throw 10 TD passes?

So you believe it was the defenses fault ENTIRELY  that the Cowboys were down 27-0 with 2 min to go in the 1/2?

His Dak 6 played no factor?

His numerous missed throws to Lamb, Ferguson and Gallup, no factor?

His inability to sustain any drive for points the first 28 min, no factory?

👌

You are correct GB easily could of scored 60pts with how pathetic your defense looked. They also could of NOT went into cruise control on defense,  continued to lock Dak and that offense down if they weren't worried about blowing a 24pt lead in the 3rd QT. A 32 pt lead with 10min to go in the 4th.

That Game was over the min he threw his Dak 6!!! The Cowboys defense knew it. The Packers knew it. The Stadium knew it. The entire watching population knew it. 

I'm not sure if there is anyone in the history of the NFL who pads more garbage time stats in the 4th QT, then Dakota Prescott. 

That said, Please make him the highest paid QB in the NFL $60M per. Lock him in long-term. Like Jerry Jones may he live to be 100, and play well into his 40's as a Cowboy. 

Maybe by then he could have a 4-10 playoff record, never reached a NFCCG but broken all Cowboys passing records despite the horrific coaching and defenses he been given. 🥃

12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Dak gets an obscene amount of hate. Is it because he's a Cowboy?

We don't hate him, we love him because he's the gift that keeps on giving.  It's a lot more fun when Cowboys fans have hope.

3 hours ago, TVScout said:

I mean, the defense sucked... Dak sucked. Both things can be (and are) true

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Forge said:

I mean, the defense sucked... Dak sucked. Both things can be (and are) true

Yes both could be true but not the equal. A defense that gives up scores to the rate of 60 points per game is vastly worse than a QB who throws one unforced int. Anybody who thinks other wise is a fool. Anyone who tries to argue otherwise is  a moron who deserves to be banned. 

BTW Terry Bradshaw tossed 3 ints in Super Bowl XIV and still won the game. and the MVP.

Edited by TVScout

21 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Yes both could be true but not the equal. A defense that gives up scores to the rate of 60 points per game is vastly worse than a QB who throws one unforced int. Anybody who thinks other wise is a fool. Anyone who tries to argue otherwise is  a moron who deserves to be banned. 

BTW Terry Bradshaw tossed 3 ints in Super Bowl XIV and still won the game. and the MVP.

I don't care about comparing the degrees of awfulness between the two when the conversation is about Dak. 

Dak was bad. I don't care that the defense was worse. I don't much care about the defense at all. I care about what Dak did

23 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Yes both could be true but not the equal.

Just an argument that.. doesn't matter in the grand schemes of things.

Also Dak went Punt, INT, Punt, INT TD in the first 4 possessions of that game.

• Like 1

If Dak’s a FA, who do we see as suitors for him come 2025? Obviously LV will be in the mix without a QB. NYG? Cleveland still can’t move on from Watson yet. Pittsburgh? Tennessee if Levis comes up small? NYJ without a recently retired Rodgers?

11 hours ago, General Tso said:

Just an argument that.. doesn't matter in the grand schemes of things.

Also Dak went Punt, INT, Punt, INT TD in the first 4 possessions of that game.

🤫🤫🤫

I'm sure none of that played a factor in the Defense not only getting gassed but abused for the other 3 TD given up? 🤔