2024 Washington Training Camp Discussion/Videos

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I just read on https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Luke-McCaffrey-QB-Nebraska

that his comp is Puka Nacua. If that happens, it’ll be awesome.

I think he and Sinnott are going to be very impactful for this team. And it might not be early on with both I’m sure you’ll see a ton of flashes weekly before this thing clicks hopefully by week 5 too mid season on the long end but I have a feeling that this rookie class is going to not just shine but it’s going to make a huge impact early and often. I know it’s hard to compare this class because when you have 3 2’s and 2 3’s with a top two pick that’s a lot of impact level players and I just like the blend of names I really did have every single pick of ours on my board for this team and that’s never happened in my life so I’m just excited they all had things on tape I really felt fit not just this staff but can even do good outside of scheme which is something we struggle with

• Like 1

I just watched the video of the rookies coming out and saying the player they’re most excited to meet/play with. Bobby Wagner got 4 shout outs. That signing means even more than we might have truly realized. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I just watched the video of the rookies coming out and saying the player they’re most excited to meet/play with. Bobby Wagner got 4 shout outs. That signing means even more than we might have truly realized. 

Bobby Wagner is the best LB we have had in a long time. Could even be better than London Fletcher. Not sure if he is still at "that level" but he is one of the best to play the position for sure. His knowledge will mean more to the young guys than his impact on the field will mean to the team.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4209 said:

Jones fracture of the fifth metatarsal 

22239-jones-fracture

t_500x300

They need to get him a special cleat. I’m sure they saw this through the process. He has played a ton of snaps I feel like they felt bye the time you get him in and get both feet right and get him the type of cleat and in a rotation he’s going to be fine. He could have flat feet there’s many things that can cause foot issues and it’s probably most likely his cleats. I’m happy they’re not letting this drag out just get it right. It was probably flagged at the combine.

The issue was he could only do one surgery at a time to stay in shape to give teams a workout. You do both at the same time he’s essentially down for atleast 6 weeks so that doesn’t help keep him moving and recovering. Get him healed up and in when he’s good. Doing it now allows him to get into TC and not have this lingering through the season. Also TC is much more important than minicamps. it would have been rough on him missing camp then trying to learn on the fly in season so smart move getting the feet healed asap

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I agree with @ripsean21 he needs a special cleat that would support that part of his foot better when he plays. 
I guess the biggest part of this is the prognosis (success rate)with this type of injury. I would have to imagine that was looked into prior to selecting him. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

This has the Mathis 2nd rd jinix all over again. Time recovery for this kind surgery is 4 to 6 wks. It could possibly put him behind behind the ball alittle bit. He already had a similar procedure on his rt foot I beleive. I just hope he can over come this unfortunate surgery. 

We have fantastic depth at RB. Ekeler, Robinson, Rodriquez, Austin Jones and Michael Wiley. Oh yes forgot about McNichols. We one of these guys to provide the same skills as Eckler. Robinson, Rodriquez are between the tackles rb. Austin Jones and McNichols have similar skills, rusher and pass catcher. not sure about Wiley but he could be the wild card here. Should be some interesting battles here. Playing ST will certainly be the final determining factor. I am thrill about our RB groups. 

19 hours ago, 4209 said:

That was the first thing I said when I saw him in gear. I was like his base is much bigger than I expected. I mean it’s not like at 23 he can’t add and carry more weight.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 4209 said:

We have fantastic depth at RB. Ekeler, Robinson, Rodriquez, Austin Jones and Michael Wiley. Oh yes forgot about McNichols. We one of these guys to provide the same skills as Eckler. Robinson, Rodriquez are between the tackles rb. Austin Jones and McNichols have similar skills, rusher and pass catcher. not sure about Wiley but he could be the wild card here. Should be some interesting battles here. Playing ST will certainly be the final determining factor. I am thrill about our RB groups. 

We also have Chris Rodriquez who I think showed with his YPC contact balance and physical run style he belonged and earned more Carries last year as well. I like this RB room. It’s really for me about this OL pushing the LOS forward and committing too the run.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

We also have Chris Rodriquez who I think showed with his YPC contact balance and physical run style he belonged and earned more Carries last year as well. I like this RB room. It’s really for me about this OL pushing the LOS forward and committing too the run.

Well I will say this about Rdriquez in Kingsbury offense. I saw it when he was at Tex Tech and we played against Cards some 2 to 3 yrs ago. His offense needs a shifty rb who can catch the ball out of the backfield in other word a rusher and pass catching. Arb that can run inside and out on the perimenter. So we need Jones, Wiley or nichels to give us another Eckler rb.  Rodriques does not fit that bill. We could use Robinson and Roriquez in short yardage sets but Kingsbury runs a spread kind of offense. These types of offenses are not idea for short yardage sets and sometimes does not have and extra blocker TE hence OT will be on an island. Remember he use his rb in the passing. You get the picture. Pressure on the QB. This why Kingsbury like mobile QB's. I remember Joe Gibbs who came from the Coryell show. What did he do adapt. Hopefully Kingbury will adapt his offense to the present personnel and it all start in the trenches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

Well I will say this about Rdriquez in Kingsbury offense. I saw it when he was at Tex Tech and we played against Cards some 2 to 3 yrs ago. His offense needs a shifty rb who can catch the ball out of the backfield in other word a rusher and pass catching. Arb that can run inside and out on the perimenter. So we need Jones, Wiley or nichels to give us another Eckler rb.  Rodriques does not fit that bill. We could use Robinson and Roriquez in short yardage sets but Kingsbury runs a spread kind of offense. These types of offenses are not idea for short yardage sets and sometimes does not have and extra blocker TE hence OT will be on an island. Remember he use his rb in the passing. You get the picture. Pressure on the QB. This why Kingsbury like mobile QB's. I remember Joe Gibbs who came from the Coryell show. What did he do adapt. Hopefully Kingbury will adapt his offense to the present personnel and it all start in the trenches.

I hope he does as well. Something I’ve always said about Baltimore and not that they didn’t try with draft picks of Dobbins and co but having a physical run game with a mix of Eckler and the threat of Jayden’s legs can be huge. Brob and Chris could really wear teams down. Especially with improved push and play up front. Add in triple option and zone reads and having BRob and Eckler with the way Robinson looked recieving last season and this offense could realistically be nice and improve immensely as the year goes on. Much less if we can keep this offensive staff together atleast 2 or 3 seasons.

I’m just gonna say I’m really happy this FO bet on the traits with Jayden. Watching him throw in that practice I was very impressed with how the ball comes out and his release. His legs aren’t nowhere near as skinny as they looked last year in season. So honestly he’s probably starting to hold his weight alittle better. He still has to protect himself and that will only be noticed in game. But I’m very excited to see this kid with our weapons. RG was super exciting. This guy has what RG upstairs didn’t and I believe we made the right choice. 

• Like 3