Former S Steve Foley and TE Riley Odoms elected to Ring of Fame

Two more John Ralston inductee's. Actually, Odoms was Ralston's 1st draft pick ever. It was also the first and one of the few times ever we chose the guy I wanted. That year CU played Houston in a bowl game and one big matchup was Odoms against Herb Orvis, CU's all american DE. At the end of that game I was a huge Odoms fan. Along with being a real threat in the passing game he was like having an additional OT in the lineup. Couldn't believe it when we actually took him.

Foley was great. Good CB opposite Wright and an even better safety when they moved him and paired him with Billy Thompson. We had a great D Backfield for years. I had to look it up, but Foley is the 3rd member of Ralstons 1975 draft class to enter the Ring Of Fame. Just imagine drafting Wright,  Foley and Rick Upchurch in the same year.

Ralston had some great drafts and really built the team Red Miller took to the SB. A much better GM than coach.

• Like 1

I just remembered when I was a kid living in Meeker, the high school booster club i believe would have a celebrity basketball game with several of the broncos playing in it, including Riley Odom and the other tight end at the time Ron Egloff amongst others that are escaping my memory right now. I think Dave Preston played in it as well. they would sign autographs and pictures. I had all three of their autographs, as well as sammy winders at one point. 

• Like 2