(POLL) How many games does Washington Commanders win in 2024 season?

So how many games does Washington win this year?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What range of wins are you thinking right now for this team?

• 16-1/17-0 (absolutely dominating..greatest season ever!))
    • 14-3/15-2 (unexpected & shocked in a good way!)
    • 12-5/13-4 (opposing fans & ours, realize we finally got it right!)
    • 10-7/11-6 (Redskins nation wakes up from hibernation)
    • 8-9/9-8 (Some fans will call this an improvement...probably the realistic ones)
    • 6-11/7-10 (Probably the most popular prediction nation wide)
    • 4-13/5-12 (most interesting Washington topic is probably name change here)
    • 3 or less wins (Who we taking in the top 5?)

On 6/20/2024 at 10:07 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

4-5 wins for me, but it could be 6-8.  Really depends on how quickly Daniels progresses, and how the defense comes together.  It is a culture building year for sure, but those are needed.  

Beyond how Daniel’s progresses, we have 3 main issues currently on our team which are pretty major:

1. Obviously the OT situation. It seems to me that as of right now there's a good chance that Lucas is starting at LT with Wylie or the 3rd round rookie Coleman starting at RT. So, it's probable that our OT play will be very similar to last year's which we all know wasn't good enough. 

Wylie is a guard in this league and recently on Twitter John Keim has talked about Wylie as a G/T & not just as an OT. Wylie is also listed on the team site now as a G/T.

So, to me that means 2 things:

a. They really like what they've seen from Coleman and he looks better than Wylie.

b. They have looked at Wylie’s tape from last year and have seen him in practices and they don't see him as a starting OT which, some of us have been saying since last preseason! 🤷🏼‍♂️

2. The outside CB position is just as much of a concern. We signed Mike Davis and he's probably our best CB but he's nowhere near a #1 CB. Juice took a step back last year after showing promise the 2nd half of 2022, but there are a lot of reasons our secondary wasn't good in 2023 and it wasn't all on the CBs.

Our secondary coaching and play calling was awful, the pass rush wasn't consistent enough after Tez & Chase were traded, LB play/coverage was bad & when Forrest went down our safety play was poor even when Martin started to play better. 

3. We have good starting DEs in Armstrong and Ferrell, but neither are dynamic pass rushers, they’re in the Daniels/Wynn category as pass rushers. Our pass rush should be better than the 2nd half of last year just based off of scheme and using our LBs as blitzers as well but, I don't expect any of our edge pass rushers, whether that's Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Henry, Luvu, or Jamin to go over double-digit sacks.  

Our best bet for double-digit sacks is likely DaRon Payne if he has a year like he had in 2022 again which is possible, but not likely. 

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm curious to those who've voted already...

Would obtaining Brandon Aiyuk in a trade change your vote in one way, or another?

I'd add 1.5 wins 😐

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'd keep mine the same, but I'm in the 10/11 wins vote, already.

But another weapon like him, would certainly put a smile on my face.

I was 8 to 9 so I'd say he'd get me to a 10 total . Probably unrealistic for ONE player- not a Q B .

On 6/25/2024 at 8:02 AM, RSkinGM said:

I'd add 1.5 wins 😐

I think adding Aiyuk gets us another win, maybe 2. Him with Terry/Ertz/Ekler definitely gives us some great weapons in the passing game so, you’d have to think we’re at least an 8 win team then. It’s still mostly up to Jayden though. If Jayden isn’t where he needs to be, it doesn’t matter who our position players are or our D.

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think adding Aiyuk gets us another win, maybe 2. Him with Terry/Ertz/Ekler definitely gives us some great weapons in the passing game so, you’d have to think we’re at least an 8 win team then. It’s still mostly up to Jayden though. If Jayden isn’t where he needs to be, it doesn’t matter who our position players are or our D.

another win, maybe 2 . That's how I settled on 1.5 ! 😜

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

another win, maybe 2 . That's how I settled on 1.5 ! 😜

Yeah man, what it comes down to is that a WR is important but as far as win/loss record goes, it wouldn’t be like adding a pro bowl QB. Just adding any normal position group player isn’t going to totally change your season around.

I would be disappointed if we wasted the resources to get Aiyuk in the first year of a complete rebuild.We can draft a stud WR next year and move right along with the complete make over of this roster.Build a hard working and winning metality that last more than a season or two.

8 hours ago, TKellion said:

I would be disappointed if we wasted the resources to get Aiyuk in the first year of a complete rebuild.We can draft a stud WR next year and move right along with the complete make over of this roster.Build a hard working and winning metality that last more than a season or two.

I agree, I don’t want to trade for Aiyuk either but if Peters does, I’m going to trust in Peters for now. 

I’m hoping next draft we’re in place to take one of the best LTs available. Edge, CB & WR are either free agency or 2nd/3rd round picks to me in a perfect world but we all know nothing is perfect, but we really need a good to great LT again. We haven’t had one since Trent ditched us.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I agree, I don’t want to trade for Aiyuk either but if Peters does, I’m going to trust in Peters for now. 

I’m hoping next draft we’re in place to take one of the best LTs available. Edge, CB & WR are either free agency or 2nd/3rd round picks to me in a perfect world but we all know nothing is perfect, but we really need a good to great LT again. We haven’t had one since Trent ditched us.

I'm 50/50 on trading for Aiuk.

+ Not gonna lie....having a top 10 wr to pair up with Scary Terry, Dotson & crew would be enticing. Giving all these weapons to Jayden Daniels would certainly fast track his development. If we were able to get him for a 2nd & maybe some change(or less)? I think I would pull the trigger. Aiuk would also be perfect for that flip pass reverse, that I kept watching in those LSU highlights. We could also trade back down in the 1st in '25 & recoup some draft capital from this trade. It also might make us an immediate contender, Jayden is the real deal.

- but like you guys said. Aiuk is gonna get paid. Do we really want to trade away picks, plus give out a monster contract to him. When O-line is really what we need to be adding? Specially, when we can stay put & possibly draft a Wr high next yr?

I'm truly 50/50 on it.

I think the deciding factor for me, would be the compensation for an Aiuk trade.

If he could be had, for what the Niners traded for Trent Williams from us?

What was it? A 3rd & a 5th?

I would certainly probably do it.

So the real question we should all be asking is...Can Aiuk be traded for that?

I don't think so, but who the hell knows for sure.

But a 3rd & a 5th? I would do it for 2 reasons.

1)Having Aiuk

2)And Is Jahan Dotson gonna be the rookie version for us, or last year's version. Drops & ****.

Aiuk would be a very expensive insurance policy, but I would do it if we could keep our 1st & hopefully our 2nd.

That's my take, anyways.