Fantasy Football General Discussion Thread 2024

AFF

Figured I start a new one with it looming around the corner.

Ill start off with I’m really liking Isiah Pacheco this year…especially at his current value.

Chiefs didn’t add anybody of note in FA or the draft and I think he’s in last year of his deal.

Thoufhts?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AFF said:

Figured I start a new one with it looming around the corner.

Ill start off with I’m really liking Isiah Pacheco this year…especially at his current value.

Chiefs didn’t add anybody of note in FA or the draft and I think he’s in last year of his deal.

Thoufhts?

Pacheco has two years left on his deal but I do like him.  I have seen him top 20 in some rankings so his ADP of 35ish is solid value this year.  

I think the Lions RBs are skewed some in that I dont like Gibbs as high as he is going and I like Monty more than where he is going. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Pacheco has two years left on his deal but I do like him.  I have seen him top 20 in some rankings so his ADP of 35ish is solid value this year.  

I think the Lions RBs are skewed some in that I dont like Gibbs as high as he is going and I like Monty more than where he is going. 

Yea Gibbs seems to be going around that 1-2 turn a lot.

I know Gibbs was starting to take away some red zone work from Montgomery as the year went on and Montgomery is almost a 0 in the passing game but he’s not going to phased out completely.

I almost see Gibbs in the same tier as Achane but Achane goes what 2-3 rounds later?

17 minutes ago, AFF said:

Yea Gibbs seems to be going around that 1-2 turn a lot.

I know Gibbs was starting to take away some red zone work from Montgomery as the year went on and Montgomery is almost a 0 in the passing game but he’s not going to phased out completely.

I almost see Gibbs in the same tier as Achane but Achane goes what 2-3 rounds later?

Achane has two others to share carries with but probably has similar big play potential but I think Gibbs is more consistent.  Currently Gibbs is ADP 13 and Achane is 21 so later in round 2 which IMO is pretty equal.  I just think Detroit will work the RB room to keep them as healthy as possible which means neither will be the bell cow.  Both will get touches and Gibbs may see more work in the passing game with Reynolds gone but still seems risky in the top 15.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Keeper League. PPR. Amon-Ra vs Justin Jefferson. Who and Why?

Jefferson had 100 targets, 68 catches and over 1000 yards in 10 games last year. I could see the argument for ARSB in 2024 given the unknown at QB, but I still want the best WR in football over the sun god especially in the long term.

On Monty, I really like him as well. The touchdown upside alone is enormous on that team.. he's a helluva lot better than Jamaal Williams

Edited by adamq

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Keeper League. PPR. Amon-Ra vs Justin Jefferson. Who and Why?

That’s a tough one in Keeper and Dynasty.

not totally answering your question, but in a redraft I am absolutely going with the Sun-God (I lean that way in Keeper too). He’s a PPR monster with an established QB. I’m pretty sure that JJ will be great with McCarthy/Darnold, but I’ll take the one I have absolutely zero questions about.  

I really believe the old saying that you don’t win your league in round one, but you can surely lose it in round one.  With that, my WR rankings are Lamb/Hill, then Amon-Ra over both Chase and JJ.

Edited by 101Raider

13 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I love me some Gibbs, but I’m going to pass at his cost right now.  Monty I like more at his current price tag than Gibbs, but I think I’m going to pass on him as well as he’s sitting right at that 5/6 rd turn.  There’s other RBs/WRs  I prefer around that point. 

As for Pacheco, I think he’s a stunning value at his ADP.  

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 1

Some guys I’m highly targeting-especially mid/late rd.

QB: A. Richardson, Kyler.  

RB: I love the dead-zone rbs this year. Give me all the Gus Edwards, Moss, Rhamondre, Robinson, Z. White, Sweat, Najee/Warren, etc.  I could literally keep rattling off names.  I want them all as I just need some semblance of output.  This is a perfect year for for Zero/Hero RB. Also want to get Brooks as I see a late season surge with him there. Panthers upgraded their offensive line and I’m a believer in Canales, so I see an improvement (not greatness) to their O.

WR: give me DK.  Grubbs comes over from Washington and peppered Odunze. I see the same thing happening. I also want a lot of C. Kirk as the Jags top target. Love me some Amari Cooper (pending what happens with a potential hold-out), Watson hyper targets him.  Also liking Pickens  a lot too.

TE: Kincaid-possibly #1 target for Allen? Yes please.  Also like Pitts and willing to throw out the bust years.  Strange that London hype is rocking, but Pitts is still dead to fantasy.  Last pick of draft willing to  throw down for Taysom with J Johnson having surgery and all the rb looks he’s been getting. Easy cut if it doesn’t pan out.

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, 101Raider said:

That’s a tough one in Keeper and Dynasty.

not totally answering your question, but in a redraft I am absolutely going with the Sun-God (I lean that way in Keeper too). He’s a PPR monster with an established QB. I’m pretty sure that JJ will be great with McCarthy/Darnold, but I’ll take the one I have absolutely zero questions about.  

I really believe the old saying that you don’t win your league in round one, but you can surely lose it in round one.  With that, my WR rankings are Lamb/Hill, then Amon-Ra over both Chase and JJ.

13 hours ago, adamq said:

Jefferson had 100 targets, 68 catches and over 1000 yards in 10 games last year. I could see the argument for ARSB in 2024 given the unknown at QB, but I still want the best WR in football over the sun god especially in the long term.

On Monty, I really like him as well. The touchdown upside alone is enormous on that team.. he's a helluva lot better than Jamaal Williams

You guys both have echoed my thought process. ASB is much safer than JJ but JJ carries the highest ceiling. The four week sample size along with how they use JJ makes me think he should be fine. Every other day, I change my mind on who I'd like to keep lol. 

I'm having a hard time with the Buffalo offense. Kincaid should be the total point of the passing game, but beyond that its very murky. Curtis Samuel is probably my favorite of the WRs? But Shakir really showed some flashes and I'm curious to see what he does with a larger workload. Coleman could be good but I just like a lot of other players at his range considering Samuel and Shakir can be had much later. Knox seems way down on the pecking order but they could end up playing him a lot in 2 TE sets, conventional or with DK in the slot

On 6/22/2024 at 2:59 PM, adamq said:

I'm having a hard time with the Buffalo offense. Kincaid should be the total point of the passing game, but beyond that its very murky. Curtis Samuel is probably my favorite of the WRs? But Shakir really showed some flashes and I'm curious to see what he does with a larger workload. Coleman could be good but I just like a lot of other players at his range considering Samuel and Shakir can be had much later. Knox seems way down on the pecking order but they could end up playing him a lot in 2 TE sets, conventional or with DK in the slot

I think you might have to wait a few games into season to see what they’re doing save for Kincaid.

I would probably go Shakir over Coleman but I like taking a stab at 1 of them.

• Like 1

Any content creators you guys recommend? Undroppables and Reception Perception are two I subscribe to on patreon & they put out a lot of good info. 

Edited by adamq