Enough with the KP narratives

rlon

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

KP missed a few for sure, not a real fan of KP either.  My point was that he was far from a decent situation here.  No point wasting time watching it over again either, life has other more important events that to rewatch one of the worst offences in memory

For sure. He was a far from decent situation but his play was part of the issue. 

45 minutes ago, warfelg said:

For sure. He was a far from decent situation but his play was part of the issue. 

it was but that canada offence and the way the OL was in the first half was really bad. It was some of the worst I have watched over the years.  Too much blame elsewhere on this team last year for us to keep attacking KP. 

See how the team does this year, because having a QB for near free should be quite the advantage.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2024 at 1:15 PM, 3rivers said:

it was but that canada offence and the way the OL was in the first half was really bad. It was some of the worst I have watched over the years.  Too much blame elsewhere on this team last year for us to keep attacking KP. 

See how the team does this year, because having a QB for near free should be quite the advantage.  

Canada sucked and no one will argue that, but a good QB still would have shown much more than Kenny did.   He showed a few flashes, but he also had problems that I don't believe can be fixed.   His vision of the field is horrendous and he played scared alot.

I think Kenny can be SLIGHTLY better than he was here, but I still think his absolute ceiling in this league is...wait for it....Mitch Trubisky.    I felt he was pretty similar coming out and was part of the reason I hated the pick so much.

And if his attitude issues are true, I am not only happy he is gone, but I actively hope he fails.   I do not typically root for players to fail, but if he wanted out of here simply because we didn't hand him the job back after he came back from his injury, well, consider me a player hater...

hvH0EIh.gif

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, 43M said:

Canada sucked and no one will argue that, but a good QB still would have shown much more than Kenny did.   He showed a few flashes, but he also had problems that I don't believe can be fixed.

Well, the fact that Rudolph excelled, short term but consistent in those games, demonstrates your point. Despite my neuroses, the last worry on my mind is feeling we messed up down the road and when Kenny becomes an elite QB in the league. It’s not going to happen, and taking a backup role on another team wherein there is really no competition at all does nothing to set up an opportunity otherwise. He should have accepted his circumstances, put his nose to the grindstone, and competed. He would have been a decent backup with the Steelers, at worst, for years. I wonder what his father’s role was in all this. Don’t know much about that…

Edited by rlon
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 7:03 AM, 43M said:

Canada sucked and no one will argue that, but a good QB still would have shown much more than Kenny did.   He showed a few flashes, but he also had problems that I don't believe can be fixed.   His vision of the field is horrendous and he played scared alot.

I think Kenny can be SLIGHTLY better than he was here, but I still think his absolute ceiling in this league is...wait for it....Mitch Trubisky.    I felt he was pretty similar coming out and was part of the reason I hated the pick so much.

And if his attitude issues are true, I am not only happy he is gone, but I actively hope he fails.   I do not typically root for players to fail, but if he wanted out of here simply because we didn't hand him the job back after he came back from his injury, well, consider me a player hater...

hvH0EIh.gif

sums up how I saw it, but sadly I think KP is....better than mitch.  Seriously, mitch is terrible

your not a player hater,  (whats that make me? :D)  if thats what KP did then he needs to be gone. No room for that.  Phill Simms accepted back  up role when the Giants won the SB, a much more extreme example but to get the point across. This team has had too many divas and bad teammates, time to clean up the locker room , bye kenny.

if josh allen gets injured, I will have to watch the condensed games of mitch.  I  know this OC was putrid and our OL wasn't good early on, but to me mitch looks as though he is living off his old draft stock and is a QB3 not a QB2.