11sanchez11

Posted (edited)

imo this is prob the best team they can put together for 2028

PG: Fox, Ja
SG: Booker, Ant
SF: Tatum, Jaylen, 
PF: Zion, Cooper
C : Chet, Bam

and then two defensive role players like DWhite, Reed Sheppard, Ausar, Mobley, JJJ, Claxton.  

Edited by 11sanchez11

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

imo this is prob the best team they can put together for 2028

PG: Fox, Ja
SG: Booker, Ant
SF: Tatum, Jaylen, 
PF: Zion, Cooper
C : Chet, Bam

and then two defensive role players like DWhite, Reed Sheppard, Ausar, Mobley, JJJ, Claxton.  

ja and fox aren't team usa guards and there's almost no way zion can finish a full season healthy and then hold up through an extra month of basketball

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catcheryea said:

ja and fox aren't team usa guards and there's almost no way zion can finish a full season healthy and then hold up through an extra month of basketball

I forgot about Hali, who is obviously gonna be on the team. I think Ja and Fox would be incredible for the Team. 

Zion played more games than Embiid their first 5 seasons and played 30 more games than Embiid did this year. Ja and Zion would bring rim pressure and the ability to score in the paint more than anybody on this team gave. 

5 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I forgot about Hali, who is obviously gonna be on the team. I think Ja and Fox would be incredible for the Team. 

Zion played more games than Embiid their first 5 seasons and played 30 more games than Embiid did this year. Ja and Zion would bring rim pressure and the ability to score in the paint more than anybody on this team gave. 

those smaller guards tend to both get abused on defense and really struggle to score. even steph would've fallen in that group before he went nuclear. obviously fox and ja are different level athletes than most of those guys have been, but unless they're going there mainly to playmake, which you would kind of expect to be haliburton's role, i don't think it's a great fit

obviously embiid's always hurt, but if zion keeps having soft tissue or foot injuries and they start affecting his explosiveness, and he can't be a primary guy, he can't really play a different role. paolo or scottie barnes would probably be a better pick