Training Camp 2024

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I don’t see anyway to stop the Texans offense. I’ll be honest. I’m so optimistic that I’m expecting to be let down. 

I'm used to mediocrity here. Sadly.

WTF

Johnathan Metchie Szn!!!

Really hope this isnt just the honeymoon period. But on a 1 year deal, that'll maximize the best. Please Bobby, let Stroud COOK

Man, I still pinch myself on where we're now, compared to where we've been. From Cal and Hannah at the top, to Caserio, Demeco and down to Stroud. We honestly have a top 5 org in the NFL right now, and I don't think that's a homer take. 

• Like 1

Starting D looks like this through 1 week of camp. 

EDGE: Danielle Hunter 
IDL: Denico Autry 
IDL: Mario Edwards/Khalil Davis 
EDGE: Will Anderson Jr. 
WILL: Christian Harris 
MIKE: Azeez Al-Shaair 
CB1: Derek Stingley Jr. 
CB2: Kamari Lassiter 
Nickel: Jalen Pitre 
FS: Eric Murray 
SS: Jimmie Ward 

I do like moving Pitre back to his natural position at nickelback, but that leaves a glaring hole at FS.....gotta think we make a run a Justin Simmons soon.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I was really high on Akers coming out of FSU.  It sucks he kept getting injured.  I dont have any expectations for him.  I wouldnt be surprised if he didn't make the team.  

Bingo. If Cam can show a spark, yeah. But now, he's pretty far behind Mixon, Pierce, Jawhar Jordan, Dare-O and Andrew Beck (who plays a completely different position, but is still part of the RB unit, IMO). Dare is versatile for ST, Jordan is the rookie who will get passing down work, Mixon is the primary and Pierce is second guy up/ST return guy.

There's simply no room for Akers. Maybe he gets some good film and plays a lot PS snaps instead of Mixon - but he's not on this team unless there's a season ending injury to one of the top four guys.